What Is Algenist?
Algenist is a line of organic skincare products with anti-aging and anti-pigmentation benefits. They promise to remove wrinkles, lines, and age spots, repair skin damage, protect the skin, and deeply moisturize.
The central ingredient is alguronic acid, which is from biotechnology done on algae. It’s also rich in numerous other botanicals. Here are some of the top products in the line:
- Algenist Blue Algae Vitamin C – This powerful formula works to eliminate areas of pigmentation and dark spots, even out skin tone, and give a radiant appearance.
- Algenist Firming and Lifting Cream for the Neck – This is a deeply hydrating cream which is made especially for the thin and delicate skin of the neck and chest.
- Genius Collagen Calming Relief – This is a gentle formula which is made to ease mild skin discomfort like redness, dryness, or rough skin. It’s ideal for those with sensitive skin.
- Algenist Elevate Advanced Retinol Serum – This is a powerful anti-aging Algenist serum with retinol which tightens the skin and improves its tone and smoothness.
- Types: All skin types
- Uses: Cleansing, anti-aging, color-correcting, acne, moisturizing
- Active Ingredients: Algenist with Alguronic acid, Vegan Collagen, Microalgae Oil, Peptides, Vitamin E, Caffeine, Green Tea Leaves, Aloe Vera, Sodium Hyaluronate
- Prices: Approximately $30-120
- About the Brand: Algenist is a high-level anti-aging company in San Francisco, California.
What Are the Ingredients in Algenist?
Here are some of the primary active ingredients in Algenist:
- Alguronic Acid – This is an ingredient developed from microalgae, and it’s made up largely of polysaccharides. It could firm the skin, helping to smooth wrinkles and other signs of age, and it may also even out skin tone.
- Glycolic Acid – This is a molecule derived from sugar, called an alpha hydroxy acid, and it’s frequently used in skin care. It penetrates deep into your skin and exfoliates, unclogging the pores of dirt and dead skin cells. Glycolic acid may be an effective acne treatment.
- Caffeine – This is a potent stimulant which is in coffee, tea, and chocolate. It has powerful skin benefits because it improves the circulation in the skin, which enhances its health. When rubbed under the eyes, it can help fade dark circles. It’s also an anti-inflammatory, which can decrease bags and puffiness under the eyes.
Alguronic acid is a potent antioxidant which may repair skin barrier damage and protect from environmental agents like pollution. An article in Marine Drugs discussed the role of algae metabolites in skin care.
It has antioxidants, which provide anti-aging benefits. The Journal of the German Society of Dermatology discussed the use of alpha hydroxy acids in dermatology, and particularly glycolic acid.
How Does Algenist Work?
Algenist contains algae and alguronic acid as central ingredients. They are rich in vitamins like B3 and antioxidants which can repair damage to the skin barrier. They do this by killing free radicals and lowering oxidative stress. Antioxidants also protect the skin from sun damage and other environmental factors like pollution.
Many of the Algenist skincare products are high in peptides and collagen. Peptides are amino acids which initiate the production of collagen. This tightens the skin and improves elasticity. As a result, wrinkles and lines may disappear.
They also have antioxidants, which enhance the anti-aging benefits. An article in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery examined the essential role antioxidants play in skin care.
There are anti-inflammatory benefits in Algenist, which can reduce redness and swelling and help treat skin conditions. In addition, ingredients like Vitamin C help lighten areas of pigmentation on the skin.
An article in the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology stressed the anti-aging, anti-pigmentary, and photoprotective benefits of Vitamin C.
Finally, many of the Algenist products are deeply hydrating. They provide a lot of moisture to the skin and eliminate dryness. The liquid goes under the skin and gives it plumpness, which can smooth wrinkles and lines.
How Do I Use Algenist?
There are numerous products in the Algenist skincare line, and they each have a different set of instructions provided on the item itself. It’s important to go over the directions carefully before using a new item.
What Are the Benefits of Algenist?
- These products may tighten the skin and improve elasticity.
- Algenist skincare could provide deep moisturizing benefits.
- The products are 100% vegan.
- They may remove dirt and impurities from the pores.
- Algenist might even out your skin tone.
Can I Use Algenist if I Have Sensitive Skin?
Yes, Algenist is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin. It’s approved by dermatologists and is hypo allergenic.
How Much is Algenist and Where Can I Buy It?
You can buy Algenist on the manufacturer’s official website, on Amazon, and from many other online and offline retailers including Walmart and Sephora. The prices of the top sellers are as follows:
- Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Eye Cream – $24
- Algenist Liquid Collagen – $115
- Algenist Genius Sleeping Collagen – $98
- Algenist Blue Algae Vitamin C Dark Spot Correcting Peel – $85
- Algenist Triple Algae Eye Renewal Balm – $68
- Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen Hand Cream – $38
- Algenist Gentle Rejuvenating Cleanser – $28
- Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Foaming Cleanser – $38
|Glé Skincare||$39.99||Algae Extract, Vitamin B3 & B5, Vitamin E, Jojoba Seed Oil|
|Skinceuticals Renew||$62||Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Aloe Vera, Orange/Lemon Peel Extract, Essential Oils, Chamomile Extract.|
|Truffoire||$400.00||Truffles, Vitamin C and E, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Hyaluronic Acid|
|Instantly Ageless||$69.95||Aloe, Lavender, White Camphor, Mango Fruit Extract, Spearmint, Rosemary Oil, Pine Needle, Grapefruit Extract|
|SkinMedica||$178||Sodium Hyaluronate, Nano HA, Time Release HA, Crosslinked HA|
People Also Ask
Q: How Are the Reviews for Algenist?
A: Generally speaking, the Algenist reviews are very positive. Users really appreciated the benefits of this skin care, including anti-aging, removing pigmentation, and general enrichment.
There weren’t a lot of poor reviews, but some users said they didn’t like the pump on some of the products. A few customers didn’t get the benefits they expected.
Q: What Does Algenist Mean?
A: Algenist is named as such because it’s developers were working on a microalgae-based renewable source, and they unexpectedly discovered an ingredient called alguronic acid. This is a mix of polysaccharides which are enriching for the skin, and it’s the central ingredient for the products in this brand.
Q: Is Algenist Safe to Use?
A: According to the manufacturer these are very safe, well-made products. However, there is always a chance that you could have an allergic reaction to an ingredient, despite the product being hypoallergenic.
If this occurs, stop using this line immediately. Before you begin using a product, check the ingredient list to make sure it’s suitable for you.
Q: Is Algenist a Good Brand?
A: Algenist appears to be an excellent skin care brand which offers diverse benefits. The central ingredient comes from serious scientific development in the realm of micro algae, and it’s purported to have powerful benefits.
In addition, the products have a collection of rich botanical ingredients with anti-aging and general skin health properties. The Algenist reviews indicate that users are very happy with the brand.
Q: Who Should Use Algenist?
A: The Algenist line is primarily focused on providing anti-aging and color-correcting benefits, and there is also Algenist eye cream for anti-aging eye benefits. People around middle age who have lines and wrinkles will appreciate these assets.
However, you should start using anti-aging skin care in your 20s, before these issues even develop. The products help to protect the skin from damage that can lead to wrinkles and pigmentation, and they keep your skin healthy.
Q: Who Makes Algenist?
A: A company called Algenist makes this skin care brand. They started in 2011, and are in San Francisco, California. Their goal is to deliver quality anti-aging and color-correcting products using nutrient-rich algae as the base ingredient.
Q: Are Algenist Products Cruelty Free?
A: No, Algenist does not test against animals and they do not pay anyone else to do so. They are strict about which ingredient providers they use, ensuring that they hold the same beliefs.
Algenist is a quality anti-aging and pigment removal line of skin care products based on algae-derived ingredients like alguronic acid. The products are extremely rich in skin-enhancing botanicals which can remove wrinkles, lines, and areas of discoloration. Some of the items are a little on the expensive side, but there are also affordable items.
The vast majority of the Algenist reviews indicated that users were very happy with these products. Many customers loved the anti-aging benefits it gave them, and they way it removed spots and pigmentation. This included both men and women. There were only a few complaints about this product, and they were small issues like the pump.
These products are hypo-allergenic, but there is still a chance you could have a skin reaction if you have a very specific allergy to an ingredient. If this happens, stop using Algenist right away. It’s a good idea to go to a dermatologist before using a new brand of skin care, to make sure it’s suitable for you.