- Sculpting Cream
- Is It Good?
- How Does It Work?
- Is It Legitimate?
- Is It Safe?
- Where To Buy?
- Final Thought
What is City Beauty?
City Beauty is a luxurious brand that is dedicated to helping consumers enhance their skin, lips, and lashes. The company features City Beauty products such as City Beauty cream, City Beauty sculpting cream, City Beauty dark spot corrector, and City Beauty uplift firming serum.
BEST FOR: All skin types.
USES: Target specific concerns such as thinning lips and dark circles under the eyes.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Chamomile Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Butylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum
PRICE RANGE: $30 to $50
ABOUT THE BRAND: City Beauty is a luxury brand dedicated to formulating skincare that are designed with anti-aging benefits in mind.
What is City Beauty Sculpting Cream?
The City Beauty sculpting cream is an anti-aging moisturizer formulated to restore the skin’s elasticity by lifting, firming, and tightening saggy skin. Apart from that, this product claims to supplement the skin with nourishing agents.
Who Owns City Beauty?
City Beauty was launched in 2002 by its founder, Victoria Renee who after failing to find suitable plumper for her thin lips, decided to create her own. Her frustration turned into her inspiration to formulate City Beauty lips which later became the brand’s signature lip gloss. Apart from lip plumping products, the company has ventured into other beauty and skincare categories.
Are City Beauty Products Any Good?
On a site like SiteJabber, City Beauty’s rating is at 4.35 stars based on 1020 reviews which could mean the products are good quality. City Beauty 3rd among the best cosmetic brands. However, let’s take a closer look and assess if the products are good as claimed.
Which are the Best-Selling City Beauty Products?
Some of the bestsellers by this brand include;
- City Beauty lips
- City Beauty illuminating dark spot corrector
- City Beauty uplift firming serum
- City Beauty multi-action sculpting cream
- City Beauty InvisiCrepe body balm (for crepey skin)
What are the Ingredients in City Beauty?
There are several products under the City Beauty collection, the ingredients found in some of the popular products include;
- Chamomile Extract – This ingredient is extracted from the chamomile plant (Matricaria chamomilla). It is considered a valuable plant due to its therapeutic effects. According to the Electronic Physician journal, chamomile is usually used for its antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Hyaluronic Acid – This ingredient plays a multi-faceted role in regulating the various biological processes such as skin repair, wound healing, and tissue regeneration. The International Journal of Biological Macromolecules claims that hyaluronic acid promotes skin tightness and elasticity, face rejuvenation, and longevity; in addition, hyaluronic acid may reduce the appearance of wrinkles and scars.
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide – This is a chain of amino acids that can enhance lip volume. The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology states that palmitoyl oligopeptide restores lip moisture and fullness. According to a study in the journal, the peptide complex improved the appearance of the lips of female subject with consistent usage.
- Butylene Glycol – This is a common ingredient with multiple functions in cosmetic product. For instance, butylene glycol, plays the role of a texture enhancer similar to propylene glycol. According to the Cosmetic Ingredient Review, butylene glycol is classified as safe in cosmetics.
- Acacia Senegal Gum – This gum is comprised of various sugars and glucuronic acid residues. It is also considered safe in cosmetics formulations by the International Journal of Toxicology. This ingredient works as an emollient and occlusive agent to lock in moisture.
How Does City Beauty Work?
Each City Beauty product has a different purpose and works through its unique composition of ingredients to achieve thispurpose. The City Lash products, for instance, work to enhance eyelash volume and prevent eyelash loss. As for the City Beauty line blurring wrinkle filler, its role is to plump fine lines and wrinkles to fade their appearance while the City Beauty illuminating dark spot corrector works to fade dark spots.SEE ALSO – Monat Review and Predire Paris Review
City Beauty Reviews
Most City Beauty reviews can be found on the brand’s website with each product having a review of its own. The City Beauty sculpting cream reviews were generally positive. Users were pleased that the cream lived up to its claims because they experienced a tightening effect on their skin. Similarly, the City Beauty lips reviews received positive scores, from the customers. One reviewer said, “My search for a good plumper has been long. I’ve used this now for a couple of months and the difference in my lips is notable.” As for the City Beauty multi-action sculpting cream reviews, they included both positive and critical reviews some users claimed the product did not make much difference in their facial skin. However, the cream had a better neck effect than face effect for some users who had a generally critical view point of the product.
City Beauty Skincare Favorite And Fails/Beauty Over 50 (Video by DBeauty)
City Beauty Alternatives
|Ole Henriksen||$65.00||AHAs, Vitamin C, Olive Seed Oil, Blackcurrant, Bakuchiol|
|Instantly Ageless||$69.95||Aloe, Lavender, White Camphor, Mango Fruit Extract, Spearmint, Rosemary Oil, Pine Needle, Grapefruit Extract|
|Pearlessence||$15 to $50||Activated Charcoal, Rosehip Oil, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Denatured Alcohol, Rosewater|
|Beverly Hills MD Dermal Repair Complex||$39.95||Hyaluronic Acid, Saw Palmetto, Hydrolyzed Collagen, MSM, Vitamins|
|Plexaderm||$59.95||Sodium Silicate, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin|
Is City Beauty a Legitimate Company?
City Beauty is considered a legitimate company as it manufactures its products in the USA. Apart from that, products like City Lips received industry awards such as the Good Housekeeping Awards. The company also offers a 60-day money-back guarantee for all its products.
Are City Beauty Products Safe?
Yes, these products are safe considering that ingredients have scientific investigation and backing. The main concern for most users would be allergic contact dermatitis from one of the ingredients in the products. Always check ingredient labels to make sure you are not allergic to something in a product. The brand also offers lots of vegan products to consumers who cannot use cosmetics with animal-derived ingredients. It is also important to note that this brand is cruelty-free.ALSO READ – Honest Beauty and LifeCell Skin Care
Where Can I Buy City Beauty Products?
City Beauty products can only be sourced from the City Beauty official website. And by buying products, you can get a City Beauty coupon code for discounted prices next time you buy again from the brand.
While considering if a product is good or not, it is important to understand that what works for you may not necessarily work for someone else. That said, City Beauty product reviews are quite positive with most users claiming the line of products worked for them. This was the case for the City Beauty illuminating dark spot corrector reviews and the City Beauty lip plumper reviews. Most of the reviewers also commended the brand for its sleek packaging and appealing fragrance.
However, not all products received praise from users. The City Beauty line blurring wrinkle filler, for instance, failed to impress consumers. Customers claimed that the product neither absorbed well nor blended with the skin. As a result, most claimed it was a waste of money and did not recommend that product to others.
Additionally, this brand has received some complaints on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) site. Customers complained that the brand sneakily charged them for extra products that they did not purchase. Although the company claims to have rectified the issue, customers should still be vigilant when making purchases and receiving shipments from this company.
If still interested in the best-selling products offered by this brand, check out City Beauty before and after photos on the website as well as information from other online reviewers. Websites like Health Insiders, Katie goes platinum also offer detailed reviews for some of the City Beauty supply that you may want to try out.Truffoire Review and Robin McGraw Revelation Review