What is Genucel?
Genucel is a line of skincare formulations that target various skin conditions ranging from wrinkles to dark spots. This brand mostly works on the wrinkles along the jawline and eyelids through its Genucel jawline cream and Genucel eye cream.
The product line taps into the power of antioxidants combined with collagen builders to give its consumers a youthful look. According to the brand, it came into existence when one user made a request for an anti-aging cream. Instantly, the cream was a success, which helped this skincare product to grow into the fully-fledged brand it is today.
Who Owns Genucel?
The Genucel collection was founded by pharmacist George Faltous, who after seeing the success of his first cream, created Chamonix. In precise, Chamonix is a brand that creates and sells antioxidant skincare products.
Apart from skincare formulations, Chamonix has ventured into hair products and believes that they have valid solutions to hair problems as well. Chamonix is endorsed by celebrities and thrilled customers who after using the Genucel Chamonix products claim that they work.
What Does It Do?
The concept behind their products is to harness the power of antioxidants like grape seed oil, vitamins A, and vitamin E to eliminate free radicals, elevate collagen production, replenish nutrients, and improve hydration of the skin.
How Effective is Genucel?
Since 1999 when the first anti-aging cream was formulated by Faltous, the brand has been endorsed by several celebrities. The pharmacist was even invited to various doctor’s radio shows to discuss the effectiveness of his products. To understand the hype behind these formulations, let’s take a look at the Genucel ingredients, shall we?
What Ingredients are in Genucel Products?
As we mentioned earlier, the products are packed with antioxidants and peptides. Some of these potent ingredients include;
- Green Tea – green tea has been consumed for centuries especially in Asian countries. According to the Journal of the German Society of Dermatology, oxidative stress has been linked to inflammation, photodamage, cancer, and skin aging. EGCG, a major polyphenol derived from green tea is claimed to reduce oxidative stress.
- Grape Seed Extract – this ingredient can release endothelial growth factor and its topical application results in the contraction and closure of the skin wound. The Global Journal of Health Science claims that grape seed extract possesses antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
- Hyaluronic Acid – according to the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, aging skin contains less hyaluronic acid. According to the journal, hyaluronic acid demonstrated an improvement in skin hydration and elasticity associated with a significant reduction in wrinkle depth.
- Algae Extract – algae are aquatic photosynthetic organisms that are largely used due to the variety of bioactive compounds in their composition. An Algal Research claims that microalgae have skin benefits such as UV protection and prevention of under eye wrinkles, rough texture as well as skin flaccidity. It also contains antioxidants which combat skin aging.
- Alpha Arbutin – this is a natural derivative of hydroquinone and can be used to brighten skin. Unlike hydroquinone, it has no risks associated with its use. The International Journal of Applied Pharmaceuticals mentions that alpha-arbutin works by blocking melanin biosynthesis through inhibiting the enzyme tyrosinase.
How Does Genucel Work?
The company employs different technologies in delivering the ingredients in the formula. According to the Genucel jawline treatment review, MDL technology is used.
This technology joins the forces of matrixyl 3000 and meadow actone to trap moisture and anti-aging activities provided by the ingredients. As for the eye bags and puffiness cream, eyeseryl technology is combined with natural botanicals to improve the appearance of the eyes.
How to Use the Products?
Each product has unique instructions given by the manufacturer. However, before using any product on the sensitive skin such as the Genucel neck cream, ensure to cleanse thoroughly before applying the product as instructed.
Is Genucel Legit?
When wondering whether a brand is legit or not, there are things you can take into account. First of all, ask yourself, does Genucel work? The answer to this question lies in the Genucel reviews which are mostly positive with clients sharing how the product worked for them.
Secondly, you have to consider the ingredients present. Seemingly, the key ingredients in this line have scientific backing to prove their effectiveness. And thirdly, find out if the products have been endorsed by other dermatologists. This information was not available online, however, we found out that it received an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau.
Is Genucel Safe
Yes, this product may be safe because Chamonix claims to formulate all the products with clinical concentrations of antioxidants and calendula base. This goes for all products including the Genucel immediate effects, Genucel for eye bags, and Genucel for eyes.
Is It Cruelty Free?
The brand also claims that all its products are cruelty-free. The company states on its official website, “We never test on animals, and all of our products are manufactured and packaged in the U.S.”
Genucel Reviews – Do They Work?
Most reviews of Genucel products are positive. The Genucel jawline cream reviews, prove that it is loved by many customers. The fans claim their jawline became tighter, smoother, and plumper.
Negative reviewers, on the other hand, claimed they experienced no change and had trouble canceling the auto subscription. The Genucel eyelid lift reviews were positive as well. Lovers of the product claimed they felt younger as their eye bags vanished.
What Does Genucel Products Cost?
Some of the Genucel prices include;
- Genucel eyelid treatment – $85
- Deep firming serum – $92
- Genucel jawline treatment – $110
- Triple-action technology – $110
- Genucel sunspot corrector – $129
Where Can I Buy Genucel Products?
The products are sold on the brand’s website, Better Skin Today website, and Amazon.
What Are Some Alternatives to Genucel?
It may not be the right choice for you, perhaps based on price or past experience. Here are some other brands to consider like Advanced Dermatology, Murad Skin Care, Plexaderm Skincare, and Rodan and Fields.
Genucel products have been in the market for more than two decades. They have quite a decent following and devotees who claim the products are amazing. These products cover major skin issues such as frown lines, forehead wrinkles, dark circles, under eye bags, and eye puffiness. And with every skin problem, the product is tailor-made to solve it. For instance, Genucel eye products cater to under-eye care.
Although there is lots of positive feedback, the reviews are mostly from the brand’s website. This gives a biased review that could hide some of the problems with this brand. Some customers on the BBB website have called out the company for its auto subscription program.
According to these consumers, canceling the product subscriptions is hard and while the brand offers a 60-day money-back guarantee, it is not easy to get a refund.
There you have it, an ultimate Genucel review. With all this information, we hope you are in a better position to make an informed decision regarding this skincare line. You can also check out some Genucel youtube reviews for further analysis.