About Mario Badescu Skin Care
If you are a skincare enthusiast, chances are you have come across Mario Badescu best products. It is also possible to not notice this eponymous brand since the company does not advertise aggressively like its counterparts.
Mario Badescu started as acne solving brand and has expanded to a fully-fledged skincare brand that features products for every skin type. Customers can get a free skin analysis from the company’s website to get an understanding as to which products suit them best.
Who is Mario Badescu?
Mario Badescu was a skincare entrepreneur of Romanian descent. He had a background of chemistry and cosmetology which propelled him to open a New York salon back in 1967 which is still in existence to date. Thanks to his European style facials, his brand attracted lots of fans. He later formulated botanical based skincare products to add to his already flourishing spa which saw the brand expand over the years.
What Does Mario Badescu Sell?
Mario Badescu sells an array of skin care products ranging from creams to facial sprays. It has more than 200 products under its line of products. These products are widely categorized under;
- Moisturizers – an example is the Mario Badescu Oil-Free moisturizer which is designed for those with oily or combination skin. This moisturizer is lightweight with SPF 17 sunscreen.
- Masks – these products are formulated to fade acne scars, age spot and dark circles.
- Cleansers – an example is the Mario Badescu enzyme cleansing gel which is lightweight and is designed to cleanse and remove excess oil from the skin
- Serums – the Mario Badescu Rose Hips Nourishing Oil falls under this category which helps to get rid of crow’s feet, under eye wrinkles and is designed for those with dry skin. Mario Badescu vitamin C serum is also available
- Treatment – an example is the Mario Badescu facial spray. It is designed to refresh and hydrate the skin the whole day.
What Ingredients are in Mario Badescu Products?
Mario Badescu products feature plant and botanical based ingredients such as;
- Aloe Vera – this is an ingredient in the Witch Hazel and Lavender Toner. It is a natural ingredient popular in cosmetics and has been in use for centuries owing to its medicinal properties. According to the Indian Journal of Dermatology, aloe vera has anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, antiseptic, and moisturizing effects.
- Cocoa Butter – this ingredient is featured in the Mario Badescu lip balm. It is a common ingredient in lip balms due to its hydrating power as per the Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Vitamin E – also found in the brand’s lip balm. It is a fat-soluble antioxidant present in many cosmetic products. According to the Indian Dermatology Online Journal, vitamin E has photo-protective properties that help reduce hyperpigmentation.
- Ginkgo Biloba – The Botanical Exfoliating Scrub contains this ingredient. Ginkgo biloba is one of the oldest trees in the world. According to the Cosmetic Ingredient Review, this ingredient contains flavonoids and terpenoids that have antioxidant, anti-aging, moisturizing, and soothing effects.
- Green Tea Extracts – also present in the exfoliating scrub. Green tea contains polyphenols that have antioxidant, anti-wrinkle, anti-inflammatory, anti-acne, anti-microbial, and skin lightening properties according to the Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences.
How Much Are Mario Badescu Products?
Mario Badescu price is considered moderate compared to other brands. Some of the product prices include;
- Mario Badescu rosewater – $12.00
- Mario Badescu toner – $18.00
- Hyaluronic eye cream – $18.00
- Seaweed night cream – $22.00
- Whitening mask – $24.00
- Vitamin C serum – $45.00
Other products are sold in kits such as the Acne Control Kit which contains the Mario Badescu acne facial cleanser and costs $77.00. The Brightening Kit is another example. It costs $99.00 and features the Mario Badescu glycolic foaming cleanser.
Do Mario Badescu Products Work?
This brand has a loyal following of famous people such as Amy Sedaris, Kylie Jenner, and Martha Stewart. Some of the best Mario Badescu products have scooped multiple awards from beauty magazines.
The Mario Badescu facial sprays (contains aloe, herbs, and rosewater) for instance, got a nomination for a Pro Award from The Makeup Show. The Drying Lotion is another product that has attracted beauty magazines. It was featured on Allure, Vogue, and Teen Vogue.
With botanicals and plants as key ingredients, these products may work and in fact, some of these ingredients have been investigated by various scientific studies. Additionally, the reviews for Mario Badescu products are fairly good.
Is Mario Badescu safe?
This product claims to contain organic ingredients only therefore, it may be safe. However, Mario Badescu reviews show that users do not appreciate the brand’s use of color and fragrance as they are possible irritants.
Where Do They sell Mario Badescu?
Mario Badescu is sold on the company’s official website, department stores as well as online retailers. Some of these retailers include Mario Badescu Amazon, Mario Badescu CVS, Mario Badescu Sephora, and Mario Badescu Walmart.
Is Mario Badescu a good skincare brand?
Going by some Mario Badescu reviews, this skincare brand can be rated to be fairly good. Customers appreciate the brand’s moderately priced products and their effectiveness. Moreover, this brand claims to use organic ingredients that maintain the company’s credibility.
What are Some Alternatives to Mario Badescu?
There are many alternatives to Mario Badescu products in the market. Brands that can be used in place of this skincare line are;
- Dr. Perricone MD – products under this brand take a holistic approach to provide its clients with daily skincare. And apart from topical creams, Dr. Perricone MD advocates for clean diet plans as reinforcement to the working of its products.
- Pai Skincare – this brand takes into account issues faced by those with sensitive skin or skin conditions such as eczema and rosacea. Pai skincare has an extensive line of products for every skincare problem.
- Clinique – this is another good alternative to Mario Badescu. This company takes a clinical approach to its beauty solutions. It sells skincare products, treatments, makeup, fragrance, and men’s line. Products under this brand also feature popular ingredients like argireline, hydroxy acids, peptides, and retinol that have scientific backing for their use.
This product line promises a much beautiful and confident life. There is no debate that indeed the products may work, based on the customer feedback, this company experienced in the game, and the fact that the brand uses tested ingredients.
Nevertheless, if Mario Badescu does not align with your skincare needs, then take a look at these alternatives such as Murad Skin Care, Obagi, Nu Skin, Arbonne, and make an informed purchase. Check the reviews and of course the price tag to get a product that is worth your spending.