What Is Nu Skin?
Nu Skin is a brand that manufactures personal care products and health support supplements. The company was established in 1984 and uses multilevel marketing principles to sell and reach its potential customers.
This MLM company has an established website and sells products directly to customers. Nevertheless, it offers MLM opportunities. This means users of these products can earn monetary benefits by referring the products to other potential users.
This brand claims to use innovative technology to research and deliver effective beauty products. Besides, they research their ingredients into details to ascertain how safe the Nu Skin facial spa formulas remain with long term use, and what degree they can actually improve health and personal care.
Who is Behind Nu Skin?
The force behind the Nu Skin company is a team of scientists and botanical researchers. These experts have a collective mission for making world-class products. The company first started in the U.S. but now has branches in Europe, Asia the Pacifica, and Africa.
What Does Nu Skin Sell?
Nu Skin has a database of over 200 skincare products and nutritional supplements from 10 different brands. Their line of products includes skincare wrinkle creams, different varieties of lipsticks, facial cleansing devices, anti-aging, and skin firming serums among others.
A few knockout names include the PowerLips Fluid, designed to color, moisturize and soothe your lips. AgeLOC, a brand under Nu Skin 180 which sells TriPhasic, a skin whitener, lotions, and a skin-mask. In the anti-aging collection, there is the TruFace Targeted Treatments with items such as ageLOC Skin Firming Capsules and TruFace Instant Line Corrector, both designed to work independently as well as together to help diminish white lines, crow’s feet, and forehead wrinkles.
How Does Nu Skin Work?
Each particular product under this brand works as influenced by its ingredients profile. However, in terms of the sales compensation plan, as promised, you are entitled to earn up to 30% in commission for every sale you qualify on the Nu Skin website. Noteworthy also is that there is a processing fee that the company keeps.
What Ingredients are in Nu Skin Products?
Nu Skin gives priority to natural ingredients and particularly highlights that they harvest more of their ingredients from Nutraceuticals and botanical sources. A few knockout names of the ingredients in Nu Skin Products include:
- GABA – This is a natural amino acid with skincare benefits one being the ability to slow aging on the sensitive skin, a claim that one article in the journal Molecules indirectly supports. It is particularly a key ingredient in Nu Skin 180 ° Night Complex alongside Gingko Biloba, Terni folia seed oil, and others.
- Rosemary and Black Walnut – These are part of the 21 herbal extracts in Nu Skin’s skin cleanser, The Herbal Mineral Bath. One study in the Journal of Pharmaceutics lists Rosemary among skin-enhancing herbs.
- Green Tea – is a common ingredient in most Nu Skin and Pharmanex products. Tegreen 97’, one of their patented formulas is driven from green tea. A study report in the journal Dermatologic Therapy indicates that green tea helps to prolong skin hydration.
- Narcissus Bulbs – Nu Skin’s research team uses this compound as the main ingredient for Intense Body Moisturizer under the patent name IBR-Dormin. In the DARU Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Narcissus Bulb might help enhance skin protection from environmental aggressors.
Other Ingredients: Aqua, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Argireline, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Di-PPG-2 Myreth-10 Adipate, Peptides, Glyceryl Oleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hyaluronic Acid, Oryza Sativa Extract, PCA, Lactic acid, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, Carnosine, Retinol, Punica Granatum Juice Extract, Vitamin E
What are the Advantages & Disadvantages of Nu Skin?
- The brand claims to prioritize natural ingredients
- Nu Skin has been in business since 1984 or long enough to know what may work
- Products under this brand may offer skin-protective benefits
- The company claims to use innovative technology to make effective skin moisturizers
- Some users have complained about Nu Skin AgeLoc that it gives spotty hives
- The brand doesn’t directly sell its products in stores
- Some people see nu skin cleanser products as expensive
Are Nu Skin Products Safe?
This company has an ingredient philosophy ‘All of the good’, which suggests that they use researched and safe ingredients. This mind-set may be a hint to show the brand’s dedication to researching for the best possible and safe ingredients, as explained on their website. Besides, Nu Skin’s administration has a special department run by leading scientists and dermatologists that they call the Anti-Aging Scientific Advisory Board.
Is Nu Skin Cruelty-Free?
Nu Skin is clear that they don’t advocate either do they test their products on animals. The company supposedly believes in being both humane, ethical, and respectful to nature. However, where it is mandated by the product’s regulatory laws the company adheres to set standards to ensure their cosmetic products are harmless to both animals and man.
How Much Do Nu Skin Products Cost?
The price of Nu Skin Products varies depending on both the product itself or the actual brand behind it. A few examples are as below:
- The Herbal Mineral Bath – $20.50
- The PowerLips Fluid – $25
- ageLOC Tru Face Uplifting Cream – $118
- ageLOC anti-acne kit – $348
- The TriPhasic White System – $192
- Balancing Shampoo (1 liter) – $45
Where Can I Buy Nu Skin Products?
You can order Nu Skin products from their official website or from their affiliate sales consultants. Besides, the products are sold on major retailer websites.
Do Nu Skin Products Work?
According to Nu Skin, the fact that they have managed to stay in business for three decades is evidence that customers love their product line. Of cause, it goes without saying that everyone responds differently to personal care products no matter the brand. This boils down to the fact that we vary in how we respond to different ingredients, and so doing some trial and error is still an effective way to know what might work for you.
What Do Customers Think of Nu Skin?
From the ingredients’ overview and looking at the experiences of people who used Nu Skin products, seems like the brand has made the greater percentage of their customers happy. In terms of popularity, it’s likely that at least you will spot a few write-ups about one of these products on the main U.S, UK, or French-based retailer websites.
For instance, Nu Skin’s Fluoride Toothpaste has over 180 Nu Skin amazon reviews. Over 70% of the customer feedback is positive and some of them read like “My thought has always been you can hardly get a real tooth whitening for dummies ($13.95). So I was not sure whether to order or not, but now am happy I did – so far so good, AP24 makes my teeth sparkling white.” On the negative, a customer said, “Nu Skin body butter was of no use buying at all, I didn’t see any change even after months of using it.”
The Final Word on Nu Skin
As a company, Nu Skin and its partner brands seem to offer promising products. Besides, this brand’s philosophy “All of the good,” stands out from the crowd and may give a glimpse as to why they have managed to survive in the market this long.
In other words, it is safe to say Nu Skin products may be worth the attention. However, it goes without mention that not everybody is happy with some items in their product line.