What is Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye Cream?
Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye Cream is an anti-wrinkle cream that promises to reduce the appearance of crow’s feet, dark circles, and puffiness. Besides, it may help comfort dry, aging skin.
This cream is particularly designed for users with dry and normal skin types. And since the skin around the eye is delicate, the brand claims that Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye cream is gentle and non-irritating.
In addition, Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye cream complex is formulated using a combination of flavonoids, peptides, proxylane, and blueberry extract.
SkinCeuticals A.G.E. Eye Cream
BEST FOR: All skin types.
USES: Helps soften the appearance of wrinkles, smooth skin and help reduce puffiness.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Blueberry Extract, Proxylane, Optical Diffusers, Peptides, and Caffeine.
ABOUT THE BRAND: Founded in 1997, SkinCeuticals develops innovative dermatology products designed to combat signs of aging and help prevent serious skin conditions.
Is Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye Cream Any Good?
According to the formulators, this eye cream is associated with advanced glycation end-products (A.G.E) which is a major factor of the natural aging process. Glycation occurs when excess sugar molecules bind to the collagen and elastin fibers which prompt the appearance of aging signs. This product may, therefore, correct visible aging signs around the eye. That said, let’s get into the science behind the ingredients used.
What are the Ingredients in Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye Cream?
The ingredients present in Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye complex samples include;
- Blueberry Extract – blueberries contain polyphenols known as anthocyanins. These polyphenols are considered effective in preventing the signs of aging. According to Anthocyanins in Health and Disease, anthocyanins also protect the skin against external injuries caused by UV radiation, inflammation, and reactive oxygen species.
- Proxylane – this ingredient is a sugar-protein hybrid made from xylose, a sugar extracted from beech trees. It is considered a green chemical in cosmetics by Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters. This ingredient is known to stimulate collagen production of glycosaminoglycans which help prevent skin aging.
- Optical Diffusers – this ingredient is important in the concealment of dark circles. According to the Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery, these compounds are comprised of micro ionized mineral particles that are designed to reflect light away from the skin. Examples of diffusers used in this eye cream are titanium dioxide and silicate.
- Peptides – these are amino acid polymers. In humans, peptides have various functions including cellular communication, cell proliferation, cell migration, inflammation, and melanogenesis. According to the Cosmetics journal, peptides are used in collagen stimulation, wound-healing, wrinkle-smoothing, and whitening.
- Caffeine – this ingredient has gained popularity in cosmetics due to its high biological activity and ability to penetrate the skin barrier. The Skin Pharmacology and Physiology journal claims that caffeine helps the cells against UV radiation. It also slows down the process of photoaging of the skin.
How Do You Use Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex?
To use this anti-wrinkle eye cream;
- Apply this eye cream once or twice under the eyes and around the brow area
- If using it in the morning, apply it after the Skinceuticals AOX + Eye Gel (this is Skinceuticals eye serum in a gel)
- Follow with a physical UV Eye Defense SPF 50
Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye Cream Reviews
On the brand’s official website, this eye cream scored 4.4 stars based on 159 Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye cream reviews while on Amazon the rating was at 4.5 stars. Users claimed that their dark circles and crow’s feet faded. They also claimed that the skin around the eyes became tighter. Apart from that, these devotees appreciated the cream’s light and creamy nature.
On the other hand, some customers did not find this product delightful. Some claimed that the eye cream failed to diminish frown lines, some were not happy about the presence of parabens in the formula while others complained that the product increased dryness to their under eyes.
Skinceuticals recommends users to apply this cream together with the Skinceuticals eye gel. The Skinceuticals aox + eye gel review is positive as well, although there are users who claimed that it did not work for them.
Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye Cream Alternatives
|Neocutis Lumière Riche||$108||Petrolatum, Bisabolol and Sodium Hyaluronate|
|OLE HENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Crème||$39.00||Collagen, Vitamin C, Jojoba Oil|
|Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Eye Cream||$100.00||Retinol, Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide|
|Revitol Eye Cream||$24.92||Niacinamide, Chrysin, Bisabolol, Fraxinus Excelsior Bark Extract|
|Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum||$39.95||Niacinamide, Vitamin E, Camellia Sinensis, Amino Peptides, Butylene Glycol|
Skinceuticals Eye Balm VS A.G.E. Eye Cream
While the eye cream is dedicated to dry and normal skin, Skinceuticals eye balm serves users with sensitive skin as well. However if you have dry or normal skin, you can consider either Skinceuticals eye balm vs A.G.E. Eye cream depending on the ingredients. As far as effectiveness is concerned, both creams serve the same purpose, reducing antiaging signs.
However, if you want to remove dark circles, eye cream is the best option. And if diminishing fine lines and wrinkles is your main goal, then the eye balm is the way to go as per the Skinceuticals eye balm review.
How Much Does Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye Cream Cost?
This eye cream costs $98.00 on the official website. On other platforms, the prices are slightly different, for instance, on Amazon the cream costs $115.99. So depending on where you buy this product, the price varies.
Where to Buy Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye Cream?
You can buy this eye cream from the brand’s website, authorized retailers, and medi-spas.
The under-eye skin is the thinnest and most delicate skin in our body. And for that reason, aging signs are most visible there. To curb this situation, there are eye creams, serums, or gels that are specially formulated for the job.
Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye Cream is an eye cream that claims to fade dark circles, puffiness, and aging signs. It claims to brighten tired and dull-looking eyes. It also restores moisture to the under-eye skin to prevent dryness. Most consumers love the product and recommend it to others because it neither causes Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye complex burning nor irritation.
However, some did not like the cream. These customers complained that the product did not work for them while others did not appreciate the high price tag. If you fall under this category, you can opt for Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye complex dupe such as the roc retinol correxion eye cream.
After reading this review and you’re interested in this product, head to Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye complex Reddit reviews for more insights. And if you have sensitive skin, check with your dermatologist first before purchasing the product.
Where to Buy the Product?
Check the Official Website to Purchase this Product.