Dr. Cindy Jones
- Dr. Cindy Jones is a biochemist and herbalist. She does product formulating, consulting, and microbiology testing for skin care companies through Sagescript Institute and owns the Colorado Aromatics skin care line.
- Her niche is highly functional, botanical formulations. You can follow Colorado Aromatics on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. You can shop Colorado Aromatics products at http://www.coloradoaromatics.com
After receiving her Ph.D. in biochemistry, Dr. Jones worked in the field of cancer research for several years. She also taught college science classes and worked as a medical and herb writer. As her knowledge of herbs grew she began ‘tinkering’ in cosmetic chemistry, making skin care products. Her passion there quickly grew and now her interest is in skin health and creating cosmetic products to improves skin health, especially skin that has been damaged by the outdoors. She has over 15 years of experience now as a cosmetic formulator.
As an herb farmer she is also passionate about sustainable agriculture. She is a founding member of the United States Lavender Growers Association and a Board member of the Lavender Association of Colorado.
She blogs about skin care and skin care products on her website and does education for customers and estheticians. She is a frequent speaker on skin care tips, cosmetic microbiology, formulating cosmetics, and distilling herbs. Dr. Jones grew up in Columbus Ohio. She now lives in Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountains where she loves to explore.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, University of Cincinnati
- MS in Toxicology, Wright State University
- BS in Microbiology & Chemistry, Northern Arizona University
- Dr. William Seeds. Protecting Nature is Important for our Mental Health. An Interview with Dr. Cindy Jones, Women in Wellness. Thrive Global, February 2020.
- Tributaries Radio, an interview with Cindy Jones, Ph.D., Green Chemistry, Farming and Skin Care. Robin Claire.
- Boulder Lifestyle Magazine, In the Field – Pioneers in Modern Farming, Dana Lapinel
Authored by Dr. Cindy Jones (a sample)
- Cindy Jones, Ph.D., Hydrosols in Esthetics, , Skin Deep, ASCP (Associated Skin Care Professionals), Nov/Dec
- Cindy Jones, Ph.D. Essential Waters in the Spa, Dermascope Magazine
- Cindy Jones, Ph.D., The Antibiotic Alternative. Inner Traditions.