Skin Care Products Categories
Following skin care lines provide powerful protection packed with vitamins and minerals for you and your skin type: oily, sensitive, dry—and even combination.
The best skincare products for anti-aging work to make the skin tighter and more elastic, smoothing wrinkles and fine lines on the complexion. They often remove the dark spots and areas of pigmentation that can occur with time and sun damage, even out skin tone, and leave your complexion with a radiant, youthful glow.
- Cleanser – The main purpose of a cleanser is to remove any build up that has developed on the skin, and to get rid of dead skin cells for a fresher, more replenished surface. It may also provide your skin with hydration, preventing dryness and replenishing the complexion.
- Dermal Exfoliator – A dermal exfoliator works to remove dirt, oils, and dead skin cells from your pores, helping to prevent the development of acne and blackheads. These skincare products for acne improve circulation in the skin for a health boost, and they even out and balance your skin tone. Most exfoliants assist other ingredients in penetrating more deeply into your skin.
- Firming Mask – A firming facial mask lifts your aging skin and helps to smooth fine lines and wrinkles on the surface. In addition, it eliminates dead skin cells and helps tone your complexion. You should ideally apply a mask a couple of times a week for anti-aging and skin replenishing benefits.
- Restoration Serum – Use a powerful serum as part of your skin care routine in the morning and evening. A good serum is full of antioxidants which can repair skin damage and protect from UV rays and pollutants. Many serums boost collagen levels to tighten the skin and smooth wrinkles and fine lines.
- Neck and Chest Repair – The neck and chest are two areas of the skin that people often neglect in their skin care routines. However, it’s important to give them the same levels of care of your face. Consider trying a product specifically dedicated to repairing damage and elevating skin health in these areas.
- SPF Sunscreen – The last skin care product in your morning routine should always be a potent SPF sunscreen to block the damaging UV rays and prevent damage and aging. Solar radiation is the most harmful element to the skin, and it can lead to early aging and abundant wrinkles. Often an SPF is part of another product such as a moisturizer or serum.
- Moisturizer – Probably the most important item in your skin care routine, a moisturizer keeps your skin well hydrated and often locks in moisture for longer benefits. The hydration also plumps the skin which can smooth wrinkles and fine lines. Apply skincare products for dry skin in the morning and evening after cleansing and toning.
Rejuvenate your skin with scientifically formulated skin care
An anti-wrinkle formula is a very targeted anti-aging product which focuses on reducing the length and depth of wrinkles and fine lines on the complexion. These products boost collagen levels in the skin, tightening and enhancing elasticity. This works to remove or decrease wrinkles and fine lines.
See Wrinkle Creams
At night when your skin is out of the elements that may cause it damage, a quality night cream offers restorative properties which help improve blood circulation, boost collagen levels, and both deeply hydrate and lock moisture inside. It provides anti-aging benefits and sooths the complexion.
See Night Creams
A high-quality eye cream tightens the skin and smooth wrinkles, fine lines, and crows’ feet for a younger look. It often improves circulation, which can fade dark circles under the eyes. These products reduce swelling under the eyes, getting rid of puffiness. They may also brighten the eyes for a more radiant look.
See Eye Creams
Lip plumpers include hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid which can give your lips more volume and make them appear fuller, or collagen to increase volume. You have to keep reapplying these products as the results are not permanent.
See Lip Plumpers
Eyelash Growth Serum
These serums include ingredients which both strengthen the lashes so they are less likely to fall out and actually modify their growth cycle, so they become thicker and more attractive.
See Eyelash Growth Serums
A cellulite cream is a great addition to your skin care regimen if you suffer from this problem. The potent ingredients should eliminate fat cells under the skin and smooth the surface, for youthful, cellulite-free skin.
See Cellulite Creams
Best Nutrients For Skin
When you’re looking for skincare products, check the ingredients list for some of the top nutrients for the complexion:
- Zinc – This mineral helps heal wounds and can protect skin cells.
- Vitamin A – Vitamin A is a potent antioxidant which prevents sun damage.
- Selenium – This mineral boosts the potency of other antioxidants.
- Vitamin C – This is a powerful antioxidant which also has skin lightening benefits.
- Vitamin E – It’s an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory which can defend from UV damage.
Check out our ultimate guide to the most popular skin-care ingredients (Hyaluronic acid, Glycolic Acid, Retinol, Niacinamide) according to dermatologists. See A-Z of Skincare Ingredients
Building Your Skincare Routine
Choosing the right healthy skin care products for you can be a challenge. It’s important to base your selection on your specific skin type, or make sure it’s suitable for all skin types. Research the ingredients to ensure their effectiveness, in particular looking at studies exploring their benefits. In addition, read through the customer reviews for valuable feedback.
Here, check out our list of top skincare brands a-z, and the essential products to try first from each brand.
Reversing the Signs of Age
With a skin care routine that includes quality skincare products with potent ingredients, it is possible to slow aging and reverse existing lines, wrinkles, and age spots on the skin. Along with your basic skin care routine, include a wrinkle cream and/or serum to enhance the anti-aging benefits.
We asked dermatologists and skin experts to share their best skincare tips.
See our comprehensive guide to the best skincare experts, chemists, aestheticians, formulators and facialists.