David J. Levens, MD Plastic Surgeon
- Considered one of South Florida's leading cosmetic Surgeons,David j. Levens, MD, has been in practice since 1989 and has served as both Chief of Surgery and Vice Chief of Staff at Coral Springs Medical Center.
- Over the years, he has been named a "Top Doc" multiple times in Castle Connolly's national ratings, and most recently in the 2019 edition.
Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), Dr. Levens is a member of both the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). Because Dr. Levens believes that an informed patient is an important factor for a successful cosmetic surgery experience, Dr. Levens writes bi-monthly plastic surgery blogs on his website and social media outlets and posts detailed answers to cosmetic surgery questions on RealSelf.com. He also has an active gallery of before and after photos on his website.
In keeping with his philosophy of patient education, Dr.Levens has added Touch MD to his practice. Touch MD to his practice. Touch MD to his practice. Touch MD is an interactive, personalized program that gives patients the opportunity to visualize potential results and then later review their personalized consultations at home.
The Levens Med Spa is an integral part of the practice. providing the latest in skin care treatments, technologies, and products. These treatments are aimed at revitalizing and restoring facial skin that has been compromised by sun damage, aging, and other skin conditions. A variety of laser treatments, micro-needling, peels, and medical-grade skin care products are also available.
In addition to his busy private practice, Dr. Levens has participated in 6 Medical Missions to Central and South America to care for needy children born with cleft lip and palate and various other birth defects requiring reconstructive surgery.
- B.S. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambrige, MA, 1978
- M.D Columbia University, NY,NY, 1982
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Hospital & Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- General Surgery 1982-88
- Plastic Surgery 1986-88
Hand Surgery, Orthopaedic Hospital, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, 1988- 89
American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), 1992
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- American, Florida, and Broward Country Medical Associations.
- American, Florida, and Broward County Societies of Plastic Surgeons.