Joanna McGetrick, MD, FAAD
- Dr. Joanna McGetrick, MD is a Dermatologist in Orlando, Florida. She is board certified by the American Board of Dermatology.
- Dr. McGetrick focuses on a combination of complex medical dermatology, surgical procedures, and cosmetic dermatology.
- Dr. McGetrick is a fellow of the American Society for Mohs Surgery.
Dr. Joanna McGetrick is a board-certified dermatologist and a fellow of the American Board of Dermatology. She received her B.S. degree from the University of Florida. She earned her medical degree from the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, one of the leading medical schools in the country.
She completed an intensive combined dermatology and internal medicine residency at the University of Wisconsin and was also a Chief Resident for the dermatology department. She is affiliated with numerous professional societies including the Women’s Dermatologic Society, American Academy of Dermatology, American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, and the Medical Dermatology Society.
Dr. McGetrick’s special interests include complex medical dermatology, dermatologic surgery, and cosmetic dermatology. She treats all adult and pediatric skin disorders and has had extensive experience in managing complex medical dermatology and chronic skin diseases. Dr. McGetrick feels that subtle enhancements are much more beautiful than dramatic modifications when considering cosmetic treatments and is happy to discuss the many different cosmetic options that are available.
Dermatologists diagnose and treat diseases of the skin and perform cosmetic procedures, including the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, cosmetic filler injections, cryosurgery, mohs surgery, and treatment of autoimmune disease.
- Undergraduate: University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Medical School: University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Residency: University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
Awards and Recognition
- Fellow (FASDS) American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
Publications & Presentations
- 2014 - Hertel D, McGetrick JL, Andes D, Longley J, and Endo J. Erythema Induratum: Case Report and Review of the Literature; Poster Presentation at the Wisconsin Dermatological Society Meeting
- 2014 - The Truth about Vitamin D: An Update. Oral Presentation at the Wisconsin Dermatological Society Meeting
- 2013 - The Truth about Vitamin D. Oral Presentation at the University of Wisconsin Department of Medicine Advances
- 2013 - McGetrick JL, McKown K, and Rosin A. Blau Syndrome: A Rare Familial Granulomatous Syndrome. Oral and Poster Presentation at the Wisconsin Dermatological Society Meeting
- 2012 - McGetrick JL, Bennett D, and Teng J. Stevens-Johnson Syndrome: A Rare Variant with Subcorneal Pustules. Oral and Poster Presentation at the University of Wisconsin Dermatological Society Meeting
- 2007 - McGetrick JL, and Kim AY. The Anti-thrombotic Effects of Human Platelet Glycoprotein Ib Alpha Inhibition in a Novel Murine Model. Oral and Poster Presentation at the University of Chicago Summer Research Program