Lauren R. Penzi, M.D. Dermatology Resident Physician at Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Lauren Penzi, MD is a PGY4 dermatology resident who is currently completing her training at the prestigious Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD.
- She provides a wide variety of cosmetic and medical procedures and services including treatments for acne, eczema, moles, psoriasis, rosacea, hair loss, signs of aging, skin cancer, and more.
She is from Long Island, NY, and completed her undergraduate education at Loyola University Maryland. She attended medical school at New York Medical College, where she was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society. Dr. Penzi’s post-graduate training began with an internship at NYU Winthrop Hospital. The following year, Dr. Penzi completed a clinical and research fellowship in hair loss at the renowned Massachusetts General Hospital.
Dr. Penzi has numerous publications in scientific journals and book chapters, many of which focus on hair loss, including one of JAMA Dermatology’s Most Talked about Articles of 2018. She specializes in general medical dermatology, including adults and pediatrics, and cosmetic dermatology, including neurotoxins, fillers, chemical peels, and lasers. Dr. Penzi is also involved in teaching rotating medical residents at Johns Hopkins. After graduation, Dr. Penzi plans to return to Long Island, NY where she will start her career.
- Resident Membership in Professional Organizations
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Women’s Dermatologic Society
- American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery
- Society for Pediatric Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery