Renata Block, MMS, PA-C
- Renata Block, PA-C is a physician assistant in Chicago, IL. She currently practices at Advanced Dermatology and Aesthetic Medicine, LLC in Chicago.
- Renata also performs a variety of other anti-aging treatments that she tailors for every patient.
Renata Block, MMS, PA-C. Ms. Block is a Board Certified Physician Assistant who has been specializing in dermatology since 2003. Her passion is managing general dermatological conditions and is highly skilled at detecting and treating skin cancers. Ms. Block also enjoys performing cosmetic procedures that focus on skin rejuvenation. She is an avid believer in the importance of educating patients about dermatology, cosmetics, and product use.
Being a strong patient advocate and giving back to her profession and community are fundamental ideals for her. She created an online educational resource about skincare to promote public awareness and provide skincare educational seminars throughout the city. Her accessible social media presence via Savvy Derm Diva has helped spread the word about the importance of Derm PAs and the role they play in the healthcare industry.
Ms. Block was born and raised in the Chicago area as the first generation daughter of Polish immigrants and speaks fluent Polish. She has a Masters in Medical Science in Physician Assistant Studies from Midwestern University in Downers Grove, Illinois. Before pursuing a career as a Physician Assistant, she received an undergraduate degree with honors in Biology/Pre-Med with dual minors in Chemistry and Psychology from Roosevelt University in Chicago, Illinois.
Ms. Block is a member of the following professional organizations:
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Illinois Academy of Physician Assistants
- President-Elect, Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants
- Past President of the Illinois Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants
- The Hannah & Fred Show Live Radio WCGORadio AM 1590 and Podcast 9/2020
- CS Magazine Dynamic Women Segment Modern Luxury Group September 2020, May 2019
- Modern Luxury Top 5 Skinfluencer Highlight June 2020
- SDPA Webinar Series Host and Moderator 2020
- RxSaver Blog on various Dermatology related topics Winter, Summer 2020
- CBS Chicago Channel 2 Live Segment for Skin Care (Winter, Summer 2019, Spring 2020), Chicago, IL
- Sirius Doctor Radio, New York, NY
- WGN Radio, Live and Recorded Skin Care Educational Segments, Chicago, IL
- WVLI 92.7 FM / WFAV 95.1 FM / WIVR 101.7 FM, Live Skin Care Educational Segments, Bourbonnais, IL
- Patient Educational Videos for Pharma: Fabior for MaynePharma, Veregen for PharmaDerm
- SDPA DermCast TV Host, Interviews for Various Segments, Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants
- SDPA Diplomate Fellowship Program - Presentation/Educational Speaker/Module Moderator
- Today's Chicago Women - "Ask the Expert Column."
- Journal of Dermatology Physician Assistants - JDPA Publications regarding PA-C in the Dermatology Field
- Physician Assistant Clinics - CPHA_18, Volume 1, Issue 2; Manuscript Author: Non-Melanoma Skin Cancers Diagnosis and Management