Sheila Barbarino, MD, FAAO, FAACS, F.A.C.S. Board Certified Surgeon Trained In Oculo-facial Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- Dr. Sheila Barbarino, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Hermosa Beach, CA.
- Dr. Barbarino brings her expertise to the practice of cosmetic, corrective and reconstructive surgery of the eyelids, face and body.
- She is affiliated with medical facilities Good Samaritan Hospital and Saint Vincent Medical Center.
Sheila Barbarino, MD, FAAO, FAACS, F.A.C.S., a board-certified surgeon who is fellowship-trained in oculo-facial plastics/cosmetic plastic surgery, specializing in full-body cosmetic surgery and a full face specialist. Dr. Barbarino is a fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Barbarino brings her expertise to the practice of cosmetic, corrective, and reconstructive surgery of the eyelids, face, and body. She applies her ophthalmic plastic surgical skills to rejuvenate the eyelid and forehead complex and to repair a myriad of eye problems including tear trough deformities, eye socket defects, and skin cancer to restore both the natural shape and health to the eye.
As a female surgeon, she sees her patients from a woman’s perspective. Dr. Barbarino understands how particular we are about perceived imperfections–whether we think we have cellulite, jowls, turkey necks, or excess skin on our eyelids. She empathizes with her patients’ desire to look well-rested, youthful, and fit and to achieve what cannot be accomplished at the gym or through a good, healthy lifestyle.
Dr. Barbarino comes with expert experience in comprehensive treatments for all skin types, including dark skin. In addition, Dr. Barbarino’s extensive expertise includes the artistic use of non-surgical modalities such as Botox®, Sculptra®, Juvederm®, Radiesse®, and Restylane® help patients achieve pleasing, natural-looking facial rejuvenation. Her goal as a woman and as a surgeon is to help a patient become more comfortable and confident with their body and in particular with their face. She literally helps her patients put their best face forward.
Education & Training
- The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary - Residency Hospital
- New York Hospital Queens - Internship Hospital
- Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University - Medical School
- Columbia Univ Coll Of Phys & Surg New York Presby - Undergraduate School
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
Fellow (FAAO) - American Academy of Ophthalmology
Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
The treatment of eyelid malposition following septal reset blepharoplasty. Lissauer, B. J., Barbarino, S.> ;Aesthet Surg J. 2006 Jul 01
Prospective evaluation of intense pulsed light and meibomian gland expression efficacy on relieving signs and symptoms of dry eye disease due to meibomian gland dysfun...Dell, S. J., Gaster, R. N., Barbarino, S. C., Cunningham, D. N.> ; Clinical ophthalmology (Auckland, N.Z.). 2017 May 13