What is Dermalogica?
Dermalogica is a skincare brand introduced by skin therapist Jane Wurwand in 1986 This brand developed and produced skin care products that prioritize skin health over beauty.
BEST FOR: All skin types.
USES: Ability to fight to age, nourish the skin, and promote cell renewal.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Vitamin C, arnica, lavender, and balm mint extracts along with bean seeds and white bird of paradise seeds.
ABOUT THE BRAND: Dermalogica is founded on the belief that good skin care is not about pampering or luxury, it’s about improving and maintaining the health of the skin.
When did Dermalogica Begin?
Dermalogica started when Wurwand moved to the country and realized that there was a lack of continuing skin and body therapy education in the US She created the International Dermal Institute (IDI) that eventually became the gold-standard for postgraduate skin and body therapy training. Now, the company is incorporated with Unilever.
What does Dermalogica sell?
Dermalogica sells skincare products in the form of treatments, boosters, toners, masques, moisturizers, and cleansers Each product falls under one of the eight categories they have for their products Body Collection, Powerbright TRX, Daylight Defense, Daily Skin Health, Clear Start, Active Clearing, Ultra Calming, and Age Smart Dermalogica Clear Start and Dermalogica Age Smart is among the most popular categories of the brand.
What Dermalogica Product Should I Use?
The right Dermalogica product for you depends on several factors, but it is mainly based on skin type and needs. Nonetheless, the top-selling products that Dermalogica offers are the following:
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant – This rice-based exfoliating powder polishes the skin and balances the uneven skin tone. It is made with rice enzymes, salicylic acid, papain, white tea, and licorice. Rice enzymes and other substances associated with rice has been extensively studied due to their beneficial effects on the skin, and among the latest is this 2018 study in the journal Cosmetics.
- Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel – This foaming gel removes the skin’s impurities while maintaining the moisture balance of facial skin. Its soap-free formula is made with Quillaja Saponaria for rinsing away toxins, and lavender and balm mint to soothe and calm the skin. If Quillaja Saponaria doesn’t sound familiar with you, learn more about it through this article.
- Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50 – This sunscreen also acts as a moisturizer to help the skin fight the signs of aging. Its active ingredient is the antioxidant-rich white tea that improves the appearance of the skin. The antioxidant properties of white tea, along with its numerous other health benefits, was the subject of this 2013 review article from the International Journal of Food Science, Nutrition, and Dietetics.
- Dermalogica Active Moist – This oil-free lotion contains silk amino acids to improve skin texture through its powerful moisturizing effects, as stated by this 2005 study from the Indian Journal of Biotechnology. It is also formulated using different plant extracts to help combat dehydration of the surface of your skin.
- Dermalogica Biolumin-C Serum – This high-performance serum is made with vitamin C for a brighter and firmer skin. Vitamin C is among the most popular ingredients in skin care, and this 2017 review article from Nutrients will tell you why. As for the other ingredient, the other natural ingredients in the formula are lactic acid, Sophora japonica flower extract, and chia seed oil to help hydrate the skin and eliminate free radicals.
What Ingredients does Dermalogica Have?
Depending on the product, high-quality plant extracts are infused to create them. For hydrating products, you may find a selection created with extracts from argan and rose oil. They also use arnica, lavender, and balm mint extracts that soothe the skin. Vitamin C is also used to brighten the skin, while the pumpkin enzyme provides the exfoliating effect. Some Dermalogica products also contain effective but exotic ingredients such as moth bean seeds and white bird of paradise seeds.
How Does Dermalogica Work?
Dermalogica’s cruelty-free products work by harnessing the power of several botanicals and combining them with common skincare product ingredients. These include retinol, oils, hyaluronic acid, and salicylic acid — all of which are known for their ability to fight aging, nourish the skin, and promote cell renewal.
What Makes Dermalogica Different from Others?
Unlike most brands in the market, Dermalogica focuses mainly on improving skin health instead of “beauty.” Its simple packaging tells you that their products are formulated to keep your skin healthy, nothing more and nothing less. Dermalogica products are created without common irritants or harmful chemicals that can cause breakouts or other skin problems.
Does Dermalogica have any Side Effects?
Dermalogica products are gluten and paraben-free so you do not have to worry about any major side effects. However, some ingredients can trigger minor side effects such as irritation or allergic reactions. Thus, the use of Dermalogica for sensitive skin must be preceded by a patch test first to avoid severe reactions. Using Dermalogica when pregnant should be fine, but it is advised to seek consultation from a specialist prior to doing so.
What is Dermalogica’s return policy?
Dermalogica offers a 30-day money back guarantee on all their products Just send them an email first and wait for your return request to be approved by their customer service.
|Kayo Bodycare Concentrated Firming Serum||$46||Witch Hazel Leaf Extract, Acai Oil, and Macadamia Nut Oil|
|Life’s Butter Anti-Cellulite Cream||$39||Coconut Extract, Lemon Extract, Chondrus Crispus, Nelumbo Nucifera Leaf Extract|
|Eminence Organic Skin Care Stone Crop Contouring Body Cream||$61.32||Jojoba Oil, Microalgae Extract, and Shea Butter|
|Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream||$45||Guayusa, Capuacu Butter, and Coconut Oil|
|DERMAdoctor Shrinking Beauty Body Beautiful Lotion||$86||Jujuba Seed Extract, Caffeine, and Artichoke Bud Extract|
Where can I buy Dermalogica products?
You can purchase Dermalogica products online from their official store and other third-party distributors You can also find flagship stores across the country that can offer you treatment and analysis To find a store that checks Dermalogica near you, use the locator on the official Dermalogica website.
Dermalogica products are more expensive than drugstore brands They are around the same price as prestigious brands you can find in department stores Aside from individual products, Dermalogica kits are also available for those who wish to see how well the products work together.
Are Dermalogica Products Worth It? The Bottom line
Being around for a long time, Dermalogica has established its reputation in the market as an effective brand when it comes to skincare Celebrities and other people have attested that the products work well. Online Dermalogica reviews show that many people are satisfied with the results of using the product. On different sites, Dermalogica products have at least 4.4 out of 5 ratings.
Dermalogica products prioritize the skin’s health for a more effective approach to promoting and maintaining beautiful skin They include all-natural ingredients in their formula and leave out harmful chemicals, so you won’t have to worry about experiencing any major side effects If you are still looking for a brand that can take care of your skin, you might want to give Dermalogica a shot. Otherwise, if the price is a bit of an issue, you can always find other products like Dermalogica (but cheaper) by checking out our suggestions here, Sisley Cellulinov Intensive Anti-Cellulite Body Care, Dr. Brandt Skincare Cellusculpt, and StriVectin-TL Tightening Body Cream.