What is OI Shampoo?
OI Shampoo is a milky-smooth shampoo by Davines that claims to cater to all hair types. It claims to be infused with roucou oil to help improve hair hydration, shine, and softness of hair.
According to its manufacturer, this shampoo is an ideal daily shampoo for maintaining soft, shiny, and voluminous hair.
The OI Shampoo Davines, perform gentle but thorough cleansing, enhances the detangling process, and improves hair softness, shine, and volume.
DAVINES OI SHAMPOO
BEST FOR: All Hair Types.
USES: It is an intensely nourishing & restructuring shampoo that helps to gently remove impurities & residue from the hair.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Roucou Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Sunflower Seed Oil, Castor Oil, Panthenol
ABOUT THE BRAND: Founded in Parma, Italy in 1983 by the Bollati Family, Davines Group started as a research laboratory, producing high-end hair care products for renowned cosmetic companies worldwide.
Is OI Shampoo Any Good?
Davines OI Shampoo fine hair may be a good shampoo as per the manufacturer’s claims. However, we cannot just take their word for it so we’ll take a look at some of the key ingredients just to prove these claims.
What are the Ingredients in OI Shampoo?
Some of the Davines OI Shampoo ingredients include;
- Roucou Oil – this oil is derived from the fruit of the achiote plant which is native to the Amazon rainforest, Africa, and Asia. This oil is claimed to be rich in beta-carotene and ellagic acid. According to Naturally Curly, beta-carotene in this oil stimulates melanin production which prevents grays and frizz. However, more scientific research is needed to clarify some of the claims.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate – this is a skin-friendly surfactant that is used in both skin and hair products. The Indian Journal of Dermatology categorizes sodium lauryl sulfoacetate as an anionic detergent as well as an excellent cleanser. This ingredient is quite popular in shampoos for oily hair.
- Sunflower Seed Oil – This is the second most utilized base oil in the hair care industry. It is claimed to have a non-freezing property and maintains colorlessness at ambient temperature. In the Journal of Cosmetic Science, sunflower oil was found to be ineffective in reducing protein loss from hair. Coconut oil was considered to be more effective.
- Castor Oil – This oil is extracted from the seeds of the ricinus communis plant which is native to tropical areas of Africa and Asia. The BMC Complementary Medicine and Therapies Journal has an article that lists castor oil among home remedies for scalp and hair treatment.
- Panthenol – this ingredient is also known as pro-vitamin B5 which is the alcohol form of vitamin B5. According to the British Journal of Dermatology, this water-soluble vitamin improves hair shine, softness, and strength. In the same journal, panthenol was discovered to hide the look of thinning hair.
How Does OI Shampoo Work?
OI Shampoo liter works through its ingredients to benefit any hair type. According to the manufacturer, this roucou oil-infused shampoo nourishes the hair leaving it shiny, soft, and voluminous. Other ingredients such as panthenol also reinforce this action by improving hair strength thus preventing hair breakage and hair loss.
OI Shampoo Pros & Cons
- Claims to work well with any hair type
- May cleanse the hair gently to remove radicals
- May enhance the detangling action
- Claims to have a strong and immediate effect
- Claims to improve shine, softness, and hydration
- Some ingredients do not have scientific backing
- Some people may not appreciate the shampoo’s fragrance
- This shampoo is only available in small size (Davines OI Shampoo 9.46 fl oz)
- Does not offer refills which would minimize plastic waste
OI Shampoo Reviews
Based on the OI Shampoo and conditioner reviews on Davines’ website, this shampoo has scored 5 stars. Most users claimed they loved the shampoo because it worked as advertised. One user provided that she has used the product for 8 years and would continue to do so. Another mentioned that it lathered well and it worked amazingly for her thick curly hair. A user with 4 C hair also claimed that the shampoo worked beautifully with her hair. Users also expressed that they would prefer a larger bottle, for instance, a Davines OI Shampoo 1000 ml. One user also wished the company would introduce refills to reduce plastic waste.
As it is usual with other products, the OI Shampoo also has its fair share of negative reviews. One user claimed that the shampoo’s fragrance was “horrible” while another likened it to a very strong men’s cologne. As for one user, the Davine website is a scam because her products never arrived. Although the brand reached out to the customer, it is not apparent whether the customer received her products.
How to Use OI Shampoo?
To use the Davines OI Shampoo and conditioner set, massage the shampoo gently onto the scalp and rinse thoroughly. Once clean, follow it up with the oi conditioner.
OI Shampoo Alternatives
|Valotin Strengthening Shampoo||$30.95||Biotin, Chamomile Flower, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Cucumber|
|Pura d’or Shampoo||$29.99||Argan Oil, Pumpkin Seed Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Biotin, Black Cumin Seed Oil|
|Resistance Bain Extentioniste Shampoo||$35||Creatine R, Taurine, Ceramides, Amodimethicone, Citric Acid|
|Oribe Signature Shampoo||$147||Vegetable-derived Humectants, Ginger Root Extract, Watermelon, Lichee, and Edelweiss Flower|
|Keranique Hair Shampoo||$49.95||Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Decyl Glucoside, Panax Ginseng Root Extract.|
|Laritelle Organic Shampoo||$12.99 to $49.99||Organic Witch Hazel Hydrosol, Organic Tea Tree Hydrosol, Wildharvested Cedar Hydrosol, Wildharvested Yucca Hydrosolm, Decyl Glucoside|
People Also Ask
Q: Is OI Shampoo Sulfate Free?
A: Yes, the OI Shampoo is sulfate-free and parabens free.
Q: Is OI Shampoo for Colored Hair?
A: No, this shampoo has not been enlisted among the shampoos for colored hair on the website. For users interested in a shampoo for colored hair by Davines, the MINU shampoo is an amazing choice.
Q: Can I use Davines OI Shampoo for Gray Hair?
A: Yes, this shampoo is suitable for gray hair. According to users like Rob Peetom’s advanced stylist Ania Roth, Davines OI Shampoo for gray hair is an effective shampoo as it softens gray strands and also eliminates the brassy undertones that are common with gray hair.
Q: Does OI Shampoo Have a Return Policy?
A: Yes, Davines offered a fair return policy to its customers. For dissatisfied customers, Davines allows returns for a full refund or item exchange up to 30 days after the date of purchase.
Where Can I Buy OI Shampoo?
You can buy OI Shampoo directly from Davines’ website. Alternatively, you can get this product from authorized retailers like Amazon but if you are looking to get more than just the shampoo, you can search for an OI Shampoo near me to locate the nearest Davines spa.
The OI Shampoo is part and parcel of Davines’ sustainable beauty policy. Not only does it offer benefits to all hair types but it is also environmentally conscious. According to the manufacturer, this shampoo is cruelty-free and is manufactured in a facility that uses renewable energy.
Going by customer feedback, this shampoo works as advertised. It provides shine, softness, and hydration to all hair types. Most users shared that they loved the result and would continue using the shampoo. While you can get this shampoo from authorized retailers, it is safer to buy from Davines directly to avowing buying Davines OI Shampoo dupe.
Despite the positive reviews, this shampoo contains ingredients that have no scientific proof to back their effectiveness. While no users complained of adverse effects such as hair loss, they did not like the shampoo’s fragrance which is a feature one can overlook if he/she is intent on the result. To get more insight on how this shampoo works, check out Davines OI Shampoo reddit reviews.