- Where Is Made?
- Is It Good?
- How Does It Work
- Pros & Cons
- Customer Reviews
- How To Use
- People Also Ask
- Final Thought
What is Pura d’or Shampoo?
Pura D’ or Original Gold Label Shampoo is an anti-hair thinning shampoo that is claimed to be clinically formulated and tested. It is purported to be fortified with natural oils and essential nutrients that prevent thinning, revive damaged hair and improve frizzy hair.
Additionally, this shampoo is claimed to contain natural preservatives only. It contains no harsh chemicals, it is hypoallergenic, vegan, and cruelty-free.
According to a comparative test study conducted by the company, Pura d’or Shampoo for thinning hair is more effective than a regular shampoo.
PURA D’OR SHAMPOO
BEST FOR: All Hair Types.
USES: This shampoo is proven to reduce hair thinning due to breakage, increase volume, strength and shine.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Argan Oil, Pumpkin Seed Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Biotin, Black Cumin Seed Oil
ABOUT THE BRAND: PURA D’OR was created with the vision of transforming people’s lives through crafting organic, natural & plant-based products that are minimalistic and sustainable.
Where is Pura d’or Shampoo Made?
Pura d’or Shampoo for oily hair is manufactured in the USA in an eco-friendly facility that uses renewable energy. The company has an official online face which is their website.
Is Pura d’or Shampoo Any Good?
Pura d’or Shampoo for thinning hair contains 17 key active ingredients that are quite popular for hair care. This means it may be packed with all the essential nutrients that keep the hair healthy and beautiful. However, to understand how effective they are, we should take a closer at the ingredients.
What are the Ingredients in Pura d’or Shampoo?
Some of the ingredients in Pura d’or Shampoo for color treated hair include;
- Argan Oil – this ingredient contains two main fatty acids which are oleic acid and linoleic acid. According to the Journal of Cosmetics, Dermatological Sciences and Applications, hair fibers contain protein that is lost when hair is dyed. The journal claims that argan oil is effective in preventing this protein loss which keeps hair in good shape.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil – This oil is effective in blocking the action of enzyme 5-alpha reductase. It is also considered to have anti-androgenic effects as per the Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. The pumpkin seed oil contains beneficial nutrients such as beta-carotene, tocopherols, and phytosterols.
- Rosemary Leaf Oil – this is a medicinal plant with diverse activities including stimulating hair growth, preventing dandruff, and reduces scalp itchiness. In a comparative study in the Skinmed Journal, rosemary oil and minoxidil 2% were compared in the treatment of androgenic alopecia. Rosemary leaf oil was considered to be more effective.
- Biotin – this ingredient has gained commercial popularity for its benefits on healthy hair as well as nail growth. It is a water-soluble vitamin and an essential cofactor for several important enzymes. According to Dermatology Research and Practice, dietary deficiency of biotin results in hair loss.
- Black Cumin Seed Oil – scientifically, the black seed oil is known as Nigella sativa. This oil has been in use in the medical world for centuries. The International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research claims that black cumin seed oil contains useful constituents that help to reduce hair loss and improves hair density and thickness.
Does Pura d’or Shampoo Really Work?
Considering the active ingredients used to formulate Pura d’or Shampoo with ketoconazole, this shampoo may reduce hair thinning. Additionally, this product may increase hair volume and thickness.
Pura d’or Shampoo Pros & Cons
- This shampoo contains efficient organic extracts and nutrients
- Claimed to be free from harsh chemicals
- May revive damaged and distressed hair
- Suitable for chemically treated and color-treated hair
- It is vegan, hypoallergenic, and cruelty-free
- May not reduce hair thinning as expected
- Damaged hair may not appear lustrous
- Pura d’or Shampoo results may be seen after 3 months
Pura d’or Shampoo Reviews
On Pura d’or Shampoo’s official website, customers have varied reviews on the effectiveness of this product. However, most of the Pura d’or Shampoo ratings are positive with users claiming it stopped hair thinning and left hair soft and healthy. Users also acknowledged its pleasant scent.
As for negative reviews, some users claimed that the shampoo did not stop thinning while others claimed it worsened the situation.
How to Use Pura d’or Shampoo
The directions for using Pura d’or Shampoo for gray hair directs that it should be applied on wet hair and massaged gently into the scalp. Once applied, leave the shampoo on for about 2 minutes to allow deep penetration and full absorption of the nutrients. Rinse well. For best results, users are encouraged to use the shampoo for 3 months.
If wondering how often to use Pura d’or Shampoo, there are no directions for this. Therefore, you can use when you see fit.
Pura d’or Shampoo Alternatives
|Valotin Strengthening Shampoo||$30.95||Biotin, Chamomile Flower, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Cucumber|
|OI Shampoo||$34||Roucou Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Sunflower Seed Oil, Castor Oil, Panthenol|
|Resistance Bain Extentioniste Shampoo||$35||Creatine R, Taurine, Ceramides, Amodimethicone, Citric Acid|
|Oribe Signature Shampoo||$147||Vegetable-derived Humectants, Ginger Root Extract, Watermelon, Lichee, and Edelweiss Flower|
|Keranique Hair Shampoo||$49.95||Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Decyl Glucoside, Panax Ginseng Root Extract.|
|Laritelle Organic Shampoo||$12.99 to $49.99||Organic Witch Hazel Hydrosol, Organic Tea Tree Hydrosol, Wildharvested Cedar Hydrosol, Wildharvested Yucca Hydrosolm, Decyl Glucoside|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
Q: Can You Use Pura d’or Shampoo with Rogaine?
A: Yes, since there are no restrictions for using Pura d’or Shampoo and conditioner alongside rogaine application. A user on reddit who used this shampoo with rogaine continuously claimed to experience hair regrowth in a year.
Q: Is Pura d’or Shampoo Sulfate Free?
A: Yes, Pura d’or Shampoo scalp therapy is sulfate-free as it contains no SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate). This shampoo is also free from gluten and parabens.
Q: Is Pura d’or Shampoo Safe During Pregnancy?
A: Yes, this shampoo is pregnancy safe as it contains organic extracts and natural preservatives only.
Q: Does Pura d’or Shampoo Improve Thinning Hair?
A: Going by customer reviews, this shampoo may improve thinning hair.
How Much and Where Can I Buy Pura d’or Shampoo?
You can buy this Pura d’or Shampoo directly from the official website or other online retailers such as Pura d’or Shampoo bed bath and beyond. Pura d’or Original Gold Label Shampoo costs $29.99.
Pura d’or Shampoo offers a chance at reviving thinning hair caused by breakage. Apart from thinning hair, this shampoo is effective for frizzy and distressed hair. It is suitable for chemically treated hair as well as colored hair. And according to customer feedback, this shampoo works as advertised. It works for other hair types and targets to revive damaged and distressed hair supports a healthy scalp, as well as increase the body and volume of hair
Nonetheless, some consumers did not achieve good results. In this case, users can explore other options by this brand. For instance, the Pura d’or Argan Oil is an excellent choice as it is also a hair thinning therapy shampoo. To find out which Pura d’or Shampoo is best, you can check out Pura d’or Shampoo gold vs blue reviews online. Alternatively, you can check out Pura d’or Shampoo before and after reviews and take your best pick.