What is Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream?
Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream is a facial moisturizer that mainly targets to hydrate the skin as well as diminish aging signs. This cream is fondly referred to as “The Red Jar” because it is packaged in a little red jar.
According to the manufacturer, the moisturizer is infused with vitamins, peptides, antioxidants, and hyaluronic acid which penetrate the skin layers to provide a lasting moisturizing effect and slow dermal aging.
The ingredients also improve the skin’s elasticity giving its users a lifted look. Users with oily, normal, and combination skin type can use olay regenerist micro-sculpting cream with sunscreen comfortably.
OLAY REGENERIST MICRO-SCULPTING CREAM
BEST FOR: All skin types.
USES: Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream hydrates to improve elasticity and firm skin for a lifted look.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Amino Peptide, Hyaluronic Acid, Citric Acid
ABOUT THE BRAND: Olay is one of Procter & Gamble’s biggest properties,. The range now extends to a broad range of different moisturizing and cleansing products.
Is Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Any Good?
The Olay brand claims to have sold over 50 million jars of this cream. And if this is anything to go by, we can say the product may be good. However, we have to take a closer at what the ingredients entail to come up with a solid reason to back this product.
Does Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Really Work?
Considering the ingredients used to formulate this moisturizing cream, it may probably work. The olay regenerist micro-sculpting cream reviews also tell the same story because most users recommend it. On the brand’s official website, for instance, the cream got a rating of 3.9 stars which is relatively good.
Is Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream a Moisturizer?
Yes, this cream is a facial moisturizer that also works to fade aging signs. It contains hyaluronic acid which is known for its unique ability of drawing water to the skin. There is also the olay regenerist micro-sculpting serum which can also be used in conjunction with this cream for even better results.
Is Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Non Comedogenic?
Yes. According to the brand, olay regenerist micro-sculpting cream face moisturizer is lightweight and non-comedogenic. This means that it does not clog pores making it suitable for users who experience breakouts, eczema, psoriasis, and other skin issues.
What are the Ingredients in Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream?
The olay regenerist micro-sculpting cream ingredients include;
- Vitamin B3 – also known as niacin. In cosmeceuticals, niacin is used in the form of niacinamide and nicotinic acid. It is important in the improvement of epidermal barrier function, decrease in hyperpigmentation, diminishing of fine lines and wrinkles, and reduction of redness as per the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology.
- Vitamin B5 – also known as d-pantheol or provitamin B5. This vitamin is widely used in cosmetic products as it is able to improve the signs of premature aging. According to the International Journal of Pharm Tech Research, vitamin B5 has a better effect on increasing skin moisture and skin evenness.
- Amino Peptide – peptides are chemical compounds composed of short-chain amino acids. Its use in cosmetics is steadily growing because they help battle aging signs. The Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology claims that peptides have the ability to penetrate the upper layer of the skin and trigger functions such as collagen synthesis.
- Hyaluronic Acid – HA plays a multifaceted role in the regulation of various biological processes such as skin repair, wound healing, tissue regeneration, anti-inflammation, and immunomodulation. The International Journal of Biological Macromolecules claims that HA exhibits remarkable anti-wrinkle, anti-aging, space-filling, and rejuvenating properties.
- Citric Acid – this is an organic acid that is classified under Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHAs). The Molecules journal confirms that AHAs are used extensively in cosmetic formulations. They are used as superficial peeling agents as they improve the appearance of keratosis and acne.
Is Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Fragrance Free?
Yes, this product is fragrance-free which makes it suitable for users with allergic reactions to strong scents.
Does Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Have Retinol?
No, the ingredient list does not mention retinol as one of the components in the cream’s formula. In that case, users can use retinol products alongside this moisturizer. For users who are interested in moisturizers with retinol, they can weigh their options on which to get between olay micro-sculpting cream vs olay retinol 24.
Does Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Cause Breakouts?
While most users did not mention about breakouts in the olay regenerist micro-sculpting cream face moisturizer reviews, some negative reviewers claimed they experienced allergic reactions. To be on the safe side, always conduct a patch test on the fold of your inner arm before using it on your face.
How to Use Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream?
This cream is to be used as the last step in a skin care routine. To apply, smooth evenly over your entire face and neck daily (morning and night).
Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Alternatives
|City Beauty||$67.00||Chamomile Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Butylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum|
|Chanel Le Lift Crème||$165||Ipomoea Batatas Root Extract, Shea Butter, Tocopherol|
|LifeCell||$189.00||Hyaluronic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Deanol (DMAE), Retinol|
|Plexaderm||$59.95||Sodium Silicate, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin|
|DRMTLGY||$20-$148||Aloe extract, clary sage extract, cucumber fruit extract, orange oil, sweet almond oil|
Is Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Safe for Pregnancy?
Yes, the company lists it as a safe moisturizer for pregnant women.
Is Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Good for Oily Skin?
As we said earlier, this cream is for users with oily, normal, and combination skin type. Therefore, users with oily skin can use this product without concerns of clogged pores or skin becoming overly oily.
Where Can I Buy Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream?
This facial moisturizer can be bought from the brand directly or from other authorized retailers.
What Does Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Cost?
The cost of this cream varies depending on where you buy it from. On the brand’s website, it costs $25.12, on Amazon it costs $22.09, and at Walmart it costs $22.84.
Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream has been in the market since 2007 and ever since its release, it has received more praise than critics. The cream is loved by many skincare lovers because of its hydrating potential and anti-aging effects. It is also suitable for most people of all ages. The olay regenerist micro-sculpting cream for what age group can be used by those in their 20’s, 30’s, and beyond.
Users of this product claim to have experienced the remarkable effects of the cream. Most reviewers claimed that their skin felt great after use while others noticed their skin had become firm, dewy, and lifted.
With all these positive comments, there were negative ones as well. Users under this category claimed the cream discolored clothes, caused allergic reactions and failed to work as promised.
To decide whether to purchase this cream or not, consider checking out some olay regenerist micro-sculpting cream before and after reviews. This will help you make an informed decision for an addition to your skincare routine.