What is Plexaderm?
Plexaderm is an under eye cream that claims to reduce the appearance of under-eye bags and wrinkles temporarily. It is referred to as the Plexaderm Rapid Reduction Cream Plus. The eye cream is thought to be an ideal solution for dark circles and acne scars.
According to its formulators, Plexaderm should be applied to clean, dry skin. While applying, users are instructed to use a small amount of cream like half a pea-size. For instance, to apply plexaderm for dark circles, use a tapping motion and allow the cream to set.
The brand also claims that applying moisturizers or makeup with the product is seamless so customers shouldn’t worry about going about their skincare regimen. After applying moisturizer or makeup, you are required to allow it to dry as well.
What Ingredients are in Plexaderm?
Plexaderm contains several effective ingredients which include;
- Sodium Silicate – silicates and silicate clays are popularly used in cosmetics due to their adsorbent, bulking, and anticaking properties. The International Journal of Toxicology claims that sodium silicate works as a buffering and pH adjuster.
- Magnesium Aluminum Silicate – this ingredient is obtained from silicate ores from the montmorillonite group. According to the Cosmetic Ingredient Review, these ores are then blended with water to expel impurities. Magnesium Aluminum Silicate is used in anti-aging creams to tighten the skin.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 – this ingredient is also known as acetyl hexapeptide-3. It is used as an anti-aging formula according to the Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. This ingredient is claimed to improve cutaneous tissue conditions when used in the anti-aging creams.
- Phenoxyethanol – this ingredient is also identified as 2-phenoxyethanol. According to the Journal of European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, phenoxyethanol is said to have a wide spectrum of antimicrobial activity. It is widely used as a preservative in cosmetics as it is one of the well-tolerated preservatives in the industry.
- Ethylhexylglycerin – this is a globally approved and multifunctional additive. It is an active deodorant, emollient, and humectant. The International Journal of Applied Science claims that the emollient and humectant properties of ethylhexylglycerin improve the skin’s texture.
How Does Plexaderm Work?
The working of this product solely depends on the benefits of sodium silicate and magnesium aluminium silicate. Sodium silicate’s mechanism of action is like that of an adhesive. It works on the skin by contracting slightly providing the required tightness. Magnesium aluminium silicate on its part works to fill and plump the under eye wrinkles giving it a more even texture. Therefore, these two ingredients work together to get rid of frown lines, forehead wrinkles and wrinkles that form around the eyes.
Plexaderm Benefits and Drawbacks
- Might help reduce under-eye puffiness
- May erase dark circles around the eyes
- Might erase fine lines and crow’s feet around the eyes
- Plexaderm for neck may reduce sagging around the neck
- Sodium silicate and magnesium aluminium silicate are also featured in other popular brands like The Ordinary Skin Care and Instantly Ageless
- This under eye cream may leave a white residue after application
- Tightening and smoothing effects are only temporary
- Plexaderm might sting and cause irritation
- It is not possible to use a moisturizer with this cream according to some reviewers
Does Plexaderm Have Side Effects?
Although the brand list side effects, it is common for skincare products to cause irritation. In that case, conduct a patch test before proceeding to use this product on your face or neck.
This brand conducted a plexaderm trial in 2017 to ascertain the effectiveness of the cream. According to the clinical trial of 40 people, 75% of the subjects observed decreased under-eye puffiness while 78% observed decreased under eye dark circles.
As for plexaderm reviews, the customers gave both positive and negative reviews. Positive reviewers claimed that the product was literally “surgery in a bottle” because it worked. Some of these reviewers further shared that they had included plexaderm as part of their skincare routine.
Negative reviewers, on the other hand, did not appreciate the white residue that the product left behind. They also weren’t very happy with the fact that Plexaderm restricted their moisturizer use.
How Much Does It Cost? Plexaderm Deals and Discounts
One bottle of Plexaderm costs $59.95 while three bottles cost $119.90. The company also sells additional products, including Pure Hyaluronic Moisturizer, Collagen Peptide Firming Serum, and HA Antioxidant Moisturizer which can be purchased over the phone.
Where to Buy Plexaderm
Plexaderm can be bought directly from the official website as well as other online retailers. It is however not available in brick and motor department stores or beauty stores.
Is Plexaderm Safe?
Yes, plexaderm for acne scars as well as other products in this line are safe as they are formulated with ingredients that have scientific backing.
Does Plexaderm contain Retinol?
No, Plexaderm Rapid Reduction Serum does not contain Retinol.
Does it Have a Return Policy?
Yes, Plexaderm has a 30-day risk-free policy for the first month’s supply. This means that clients who are not satisfied with the working of the cream can get a refund. Customers are advised to call the Customer Care department first to receive the needed assistance.
What other products do Plexaderm sell?
The full line consists of:
- Reset and Replenish Pads ($21.95 for 1 bottle) – Ingredients: Purified Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glyceryl Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-12, Cetyl Palmitate, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Lauryl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.
- Plex Perfect Daily Moisturizer ($39.95 for 1 bottle) – Ingredients: Purified Water (Aqua), Hyaluronic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
- Hyaluronic Moisturizer ($29.95 for 1 bottle) – Ingredients: Purified Water (Aqua), Hyaluronic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
- Dark Spot Fade Gel ($24.95 for 1 bottle) – Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Propanediol, Kojic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Cellulose Gum, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Sodium Metabisulfite, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide.
- Peppermint Exfoliating Cleanser ($12.95 for 1 bottle) – Ingredients: Purified Water (Aqua), Jojoba Esters, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Triethanolamine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Seaweed) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Citric Acid, Rosa Rubiginosa (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).
- Night Time Collagen Peptide Serum ($19.95 for 1 bottle) – Ingredients: Peptides for Skin, Purified Water, Soluble Collagen, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Squalane, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Palmitoyl Dipeptide-5 Diaminobutyroyl Hydroxythreonine, Palmitoyl Dipeptide-6 Diaminohydroxybutyrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Abyssinian Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglutamic Acid, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, Sodium PCA, Niacinamide, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Oleate Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
NOTE: If you would be interested in Plexaderm products such as, the Pure Hyaluronic Moisturizer, or Night Time Collagen Peptide Serum which can be purchased by calling sales at (800) 673-2201
Plexaderm is an eye care cream that can work wonders for under-eye puffiness and dark circles. While this product is prescribed for eye care, you can use plexaderm for neck sagging. It is claimed to enhance the tautness and smoothness of the skin thanks to its ingredients. Customers who used it also claimed that it worked as advertised.
However, not all customers agree with the effectiveness of Plexaderm. Some users were annoyed by the white residue the cream leaves behind after application. Others claimed to experience irritation and stinging while other users complained that they were unable to use their moisturizers.
Even after learning the pros and cons of this product, you may still be confused about what move to make. Luckily, many reviews feature plexaderm before and after reviews. You can get more insight from there and decide whether or not to purchase this eye serum. Additionally, you can consult your dermatologist and get to know if this product will be safe for your sensitive skin.
If Plexaderm is not the way for you, there are many alternative skincare products that you can opt for such as Clinique, Jeunesse, Image Skin Care, and SIO Beauty. Check out for products with effective ingredients, are affordable, and cater to your unique skincare needs.