What Is The Ordinary?
The Ordinary is a skincare line that has many anti-aging products. Some of their benefits include lessening wrinkles and lines, hydrating the skin, and repairing the damage. They offer some anti-aging products, but many of The Ordinary products are liquid solutions. This is a special line which offers products at very low prices.
Who Owns The Ordinary Skincare?
A company called DECIUM owns The Ordinary. They are an umbrella company of more than 10 beauty brands. The Ordinary Decium started in 2013. The company has over 50 products on the Ordinary website that they sell in over 15 markets.
How The Ordinary Works?
Some of the best The Ordinary skin care products are very effective at treating the signs of aging on the skin. They are rich in ingredients like peptides, antioxidants, alpha-hydroxy-acids, and other substances which firm and repair damage to the skin. Most The Ordinary reviews confirm this view, finding the products very effective.
What The Ordinary Products Are For?
These are anti-aging products that can hydrate the dehydrated skin, reduce the incidence of forehead wrinkles and lines, repair damage to the skin, reduce puffiness, crow’s feet, and improve skin’s immunity.
- The Ordinary Buffet – a comprehensive array of studied peptide technologies to target multiple signs of aging at once
- The Ordinary Sunscreen – blocks damaging UV rays
- The Ordinary Retinol 0.2% in Squalane – best selling product combined with pure retinol and squalane, as well as other emollients like caprylic/capric triglyceride and jojoba oil
- The Ordinary Peeling Solution – contains 2% salicylic acid, a beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), claims to improve skin radiance, texture, and signs of aging
- The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% – contains zinc salt of pyrrolidone carboxylic acid (PCA) to balance the look of oily skin. Also, includes a high concentration of niacinamide, the amide form of vitamin B3
- The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% – best vitamin C product, said to brighten the skin tone and reduce the appearance of signs of aging
- The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% – a lightweight cream-gel system brightens the skin tone
- The Ordinary Lactic Acid – high strength lactic acid helps to exfoliate the top layer of dead skin cells
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 – contains panthenol (provitamin B5), which is a highly effective humectant
- The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution – offers mild exfoliation in order to improve skin radiance, clarity, and texture.
- The Ordinary Rosehip Oil – can help soothe the skin and calm inflammation thanks to gamma-linolenic acid (GLA)
- The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA – offers non-greasy hydration for all skin types
- The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution – meant to help exfoliate the inside walls of pores to fight the appearance of blemishes
Who Sells The Ordinary?
The products are sold on The Ordinary website, on Amazon, and from several other online retail websites. You can get all The Ordinary best sellers on these sites.
What are some of the Key Ingredients in The Ordinary products?
These are some of the primary active ingredients in some of The Ordinary best sellers:
- Vitamin C – This is an essential nutrient for the body, and it’s high in antioxidants that enhance immunity. The Ordinary Vitamin C may help repair skin damage. An article published in Nutrients examined the role of Vitamin C in skin health.
- Retinol – This substance found in The Ordinary retinol products is made from Vitamin A. It contains a lot of antioxidants, which can repair skin damage. An article in Clinical Interventions in Aging looked at the role of retinoids in the treatment of skin aging and found it to be potent.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) – This is an organic acid which can exfoliate the top layer of skin, getting rid of dead skin cells. An article published in Molecules looked at the duel effects of alpha-hydroxy acids on the skin.
The Ordinary skin care products contain 30% alpha hydroxy acids (glycolic/lactic/tartaric/citric), 2% beta hydroxy acid (salicylic acid), hyaluronic acid crosspolymer, vitamin E, Matrixyl 3000 complex. The Ordinary Buffet also contains a unique peptide complex called SYN-AKE, Argireline peptide complex and ARGIRELOX peptide complex (with acetyl hexapeptide-8, pentapeptide-18).
What The Ordinary Products Do?
The Ordinary best products are high in peptides, which are chains of amino acids that initiate the production of collagen. Replacing some of the collagen that diminishes over the years firms the skin and makes it more elastic, which can smooth out wrinkles and frown lines.
They are some very hydrating ingredients in The Ordinary serum like hyaluronic acid, which moisturizes the skin and gives it volume. This can also help eliminate under eye wrinkles and lines. A review in Dermato-Endocrinology looked at the properties of hyaluronic acid as an anti-aging agent.
The products have a lot of antioxidants, which help to lessen oxidative stress and kill damaging free radicals on the skin. They can repair skin damage and leave the skin younger looking. The Journal of Dermatological Science looked at the role of antioxidants in the skin and the anti-aging effects.
The Ordinary Skin Care Alternatives
Are The Ordinary Products Good?
Why The Ordinary is Bad
- Many products depend on only 1 or 2 main active ingredients.
- You could have an allergic reaction or rash.
- Many products are in the form of a solution, while some people prefer a cream.
Are The Ordinary Products Safe?
There are no major side effects associated with The Ordinary regimen. You could have an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients. Check the list of substances carefully before you use any of these products to make sure that they are all suitable for you.
What The Ordinary Products to Use for Acne?
If you’re looking for a good acne product from The Ordinary, try one of the following formulations:
- AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution – The Ordinary AHA deeply exfoliates and clears pores and can also treat dry skin.
- Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution – It exfoliates, improves the texture of the skin, and reduces skin irritation.
- 100% Plant-Derived Squalane – This The Ordinary squalane cleanser has some amazing hydration properties and can get rid of dry skin.
- Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% – The Ordinary Niacinamide serum is a potent product. This product gets rid of oily skin and unclogs pores deep down under the skin.
- Salicylic Acid 2% Solution – It exfoliates and fights acne scars powerfully.
How To Use The Ordinary Skincare Products – Deciem Skincare Routine
Please remember you can ask Deciem for a personalized skin care routine.
- 2/3 drops is all you need. A pea size of the creams for face and neck.
- Massage or pat until each product is absorbed before applying the next.
- Deciem says no more than 3 serums in one routine.
Can The Ordinary Packaging be Recycled?
All packaging and products made by The Ordinary can be recycled. Decium is partnered with Terracycle is a free recycling program. When you’ve finished using the products, you can take them to one of their retailers for recycling purposes.
People Also Ask
Q: Can The Ordinary Skin Care Products be Used on Sensitive Skin?
A: Most of The Ordinary products are not suitable for sensitive skin, as they contain ingredients that are too potent. If you do have sensitive skin, you may want to consider a different product line. You can also do a patch test on a small area of your skin first to check if you react to it.
Q: Why is The Ordinary So Cheap?
A: Instead of using many ingredients, they focus on one or two high-quality substances per product. Their packing is plain, they focus on the basics. This is how the company can keep costs so down for The Ordinary products.
Q: Are The Ordinary Products Fragrance-Free?
A: Yes, The Ordinary products are all free of fragrance. For this reason, some people think it has an odd smell like glue or bacon.
Q: Are The Ordinary Products Vegan?
A: All of the products sold on The Ordinary website are suitable for vegetarians, and most of them are suitable for vegans. There are a few which aren’t, so make sure you check the label carefully before using it.
Q: Is The Ordinary cruelty free?
A: The Ordinary skin care is cruelty-free. DECIEM and The Ordinary do not test on animals and do not ask others to do so. For this reason, none of their brands or products are sold in stores or conventional retailers in mainland China, since such sales require animal testing for registration purposes.
Q: What is The Ordinary return policy?
A: Yes, they offer a 365-day full refund policy across all DECIEM brands including The Ordinary.
Q: Where are The Ordinary products sold?
A: The Ordinary skin care products are sold on the brand’s website, as well as third-party sellers like Amazon, Walmart, Ulta Beauty, and Sephora. The brand has a store locator and a list of authorized retailers on its website.
Q: What is the expiry date of the products?
A: The shelf life of the products is three years when unopened and stored at room temperature.
Q: Is The Ordinary shutting down?
A: According to Independent website report, Brandon Truaxe, 39, the co-CEO of the company, which also includes The Ordinary brand, a cult-like brand favoured for its extremely-affordable prices, said in a video posted to the brand’s official Instagram page: “This is the final post of Deciem, which we will shut down all operations until further notice, which will be about two months.” The following Instagram post has been later on taken down.
The Final Word on The Ordinary Skin Care
The Ordinary is a skin care line that offers numerous anti-aging benefits to the skin. It can lessen wrinkles, firm, soften, and hydrate. These products contain effective organic ingredients like peptides, Vitamin C, retinol, and advanced adaptive silicones, squalene.
Most of The Ordinary reviews were quite glowing. Most users seemed to love these products and found them especially useful at reducing the signs of aging. Customers were thrilled about the low price of these highly effective items.
There’s a chance some of these products could give you a skin reaction, perhaps because of an allergy. If this happens, stop using the product immediately. Before you buy these items on The Ordinary website, you should go to a dermatologist and make sure they are suitable for you.