La Mer Cream – What is it?
La Mer Cream is claimed to be one of the most famous creams worldwide. It is a celebrity favorite and is quite pricey compared to cosmetics in the same genre. The brand behind this legendary cream was formulated by one Dr. Max Huber, 40 years ago. Huber gives the story that he created this cream while searching for a remedy for his burns and scars.
The cream is claimed to be formulated with a type of seaweed known as Macrocystis pyrifera. This cream is maintained to have deep hydrating properties, nourishing, plumping, filling, and soothing effects. Apart from that, the cream promises to help improve skin radiance and texture.
How Does La Mer Cream Work?
This cream supposedly contains top-notch ingredients that may help nourish, moisturize, plump, fill, and revitalize the skin. With scientific journals supporting these ingredients, La Mer Cream for oily skin may work. The brand is known best for having some of the most effective but high-priced moisturizers.
What is Crème de la Mer Good for?
La Mer cream claims to offer the skin several benefits. However, it may work best as a deep moisturizer and in calming the skin. Crème de la Mer is considered the Holy Grail of face creams for many reasons. It nourishes, fills the dry folds on the skin to give you that plump look. Long term use of Crème de la Mer may also keep your skin smoother and young-looking.
Where is La Mer Cream Made and Who is La Mer owned by
This brand is based in Vancouver Island and the company that makes the products is called La Mer – The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
Why is La Mer Cream so Expensive?
Is La Mer cream worth the money? This is one question that most users ask about this product. The manufacturer answers this, saying that the cream is made from premium ingredients and that based on the fact that most people have seen positive results, the product is worth the price.
What does La Mer sell? La Mer Skin Care Line of Products
In addition to this famous facial cream, La Mer skin care brand sells an array of products under its umbrella. Its full range of products includes facial and body creams, eye creams, body lotions, masks, La Mer moisturizing creams, cleansers and toners, sunscreens, and lip balms. Among all these, there are La Mer products for anti-aging that are worth trying.
- Crème de la Mer face cream – 0.5 ounce jar is $85 while a 16.5 tub is $2,160
- La Mer lip balm – $60
- La Mer Eye Concentrate – $215
- La Mer Treatment Lotion – $95
What are Crème de la Mer Ingredients?
The key ingredients used to formulate Crème de la Mer include;
- Miracle Broth – Crème de la Mer’s MiracleBroth has also achieved mythic proportions. This ingredient is made up of fermented sea kelp, a type of brown seaweed. According to the Marine Drugs journal, seaweeds are major sources of active compounds that are in demand. It mostly contains phlorotannins which work as an anti-melanogenesis, anti-aging, and anti-oxidant agent.
- Lime Tea – tea extracts are known for their rich compositions that enhance biological actions. The Molecules journal confirms that teas are rich in phenolic compounds and their derivatives. These compounds provide the skin with vitamins E and C which protect it against oxidative stress.
- Sesame Oil – this is an essential oil derived from Sesamum indicum. Sesame seeds contain polyphenols known as lignans. Lignans have anti-oxidative properties. Apart from that, the International Journal of Molecular Sciences claims that the topical application of sesame oil protects the skin from UV damage and relieves pain in case of inflammation.
- Sunflower Oil – This is another essential oil present in this product. It contains both oleic and linoleic acids making it ideal for facial application. According to the International Journal of Molecular Sciences, sunflower oil improves skin hydration in adults without causing any facial redness or irritation. This is primarily due to the presence of linoleic acid.
- Eucalyptus Oil – This is also an essential oil that is effective in combatting various bacterial strains. It mainly works to stop the spread and worsening of acne breakouts. A study documented in the Indian Journal of Natural Products and Resources found out that eucalyptus oil helps decrease sebum production which in turn controls the spread of acne.
Creme de la Mer doesn’t actually list lactic acid as an ingredient. Instead, “sonic chemistry” (ultrasound waves) are directed into the cream to ferment the algae, accelerating the rate by which algae produce lactic acid (Japanese Journal of Applied Physiology, 2004). Lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid, is the only ingredient that is FDA approved for the treatment of dry skin as prescription Lac-Hydrin. Lactic acid also refines, clarifies, and exfoliates the skin in a similar fashion to glycolic acid, but milder, such that it does not thin the skin (Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 1996).
The Cleansing Foam – packed with plenty of oils (eucalyptus and sesame) as well as tourmaline.
La Mer Cream Price
La Mer Cream comes with different sizes and prices. The 0.5 oz jar costs $85 while the 16.5 tub costs $2,160
Where to buy Crème de la Mer?
Crème de la Mer can be purchased at department stores such as Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus, Costco, Sephora, and Amazon.
La Mer Review | Skincare Routine Demo + NEW Mini Hauls (Watch the Video)
La Mer Cream Alternatives
If La Mer Cream for face is not an option for you whether because of price or an allergic reaction to its ingredients, the below alternative brands might worth your attention;
- Formulyst – This brand claims to focus on long term skincare. It boosts hyaluronic acid in the skin. Consider products such as Formulyst Super Hyaluronic Water Moisturizer, Formulyst Intense Hydrating Serum, or Formulyst Retexturing and Perfecting Serum.
- Advanced Dermatology – This brand offers any product you may desire in terms of addressing signs of skin aging.
- SiO Beauty – SiO’s potent, medical grade silicone power patches target critical wrinkle-prone zones from brow to bust – repairing and preventing further damage.
- Instantly Ageless – Instantly Ageless from Jeunesse Global is a Box of powerful anti-wrinkle microcream that works quickly and effectively to diminish the visible signs of aging such as forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet, dark circles under eyes and unsightly puffiness.
- Plexaderm – Promises to visibly reduces under eye bags, wrinkles and fine lines.
- Clinique Skin Care – Formulated with high-quality ingredients and maximum beauty results in mind, discover the innovative skincare and makeup from Clinique.
People Also Ask
Q: Is La Mer worth the hype?
A: La Mer Skin Care is a famous wrinkle cream for eyes that is not only endorsed by celebrities but also has a cult following. If you have no allergic reactions to the ingredients used in the product, this cream may be worth every penny.
Q: Does La Mer Soft Cream cause Breakouts
A: This cream might not cause breakouts, according to the producer. Most users in their reviews also agree that it never caused breakouts as compared to their previous regimen.
Q: Does La Mer Cream have SPF?
A: Yes, the cream claims to supply you with SPF 50, which is supposedly the skin’s daily requirement that keeps your skin feeling younger and pulp.
Q: Is La Mer Cream Non Comedogenic?
A: While the manufacture is not clear on this question, some critics say it might be Comedogenic, while others say it is not.
Q: Is La Mer Cream good for Acne?
A: The relationship between La Mer Cream and acne is still a debated topic. Most experts say since it can clog the spores it might worsen acne.
Q: Is La Mer Cream Anti-aging?
A: Yes, the way this product works show it might help slow the symptoms of aging. It claims to shield the skin against weather elements, reduce the effect of free radicals, and improve moisture content on the sensitive skin. La Mer eye serums may help reduce fine lines and eye bags.
Q: Do Dermatologists recommend La Mer?
A: Yes, Dr. Aanand Geria, a dermatologist with Geria Dermatology in New Jersey recommends La Mer Crème de la Mer Moisturizing Cream. He says, “La Mer is the moisturizer of all moisturizers.”
Q: What Celebrities use La Mer products?
A: A wide range of A-list stars such as Beyonce, Blake Lively, Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen are obsessed with La Mer products. From serums to lotions, and of course the celebrity-approved Crème de la Mer Moisturizing Cream, La Mer has nothing short of a cult following.
Final Word on La Mer Skin Care
La Mer Skin Care is a luxury cream that is claimed to keep the skin hydrated and revitalized. It is a celebrity favorite and has a huge fan following. It contains several ingredients that are considered effective in moisturizing, scavenging free radicals and protecting against UV radiation. The La Mer neck cream is said to improve skin texture around the neck, dark circle under the eyes, under-eye wrinkles, and bags under eyes.
Additionally, this cream has many positive reviews from its fan base which means it could work. And to further get proof of its effectiveness, you can browse through La Mer before and after pictures that are all over the internet.
On the flip side, this product has negatives as well. This product is considered a comedogenic by some experts. This means that it has the potential to clog pores which could further cause acne breakouts. Another criticism that this product faces is that it contains the same base ingredients as Nivea yet it costs much more. Some reviewers even claim that Nivea works better than the luxurious cream.
As we all know, a product may work differently on every individual going by the uniqueness of their skin. So, if you have deep pockets and have no allergic reactions to the ingredients in La Mer, then there’s no reason why you shouldn’t join the cream’s fan base. And by using this cream, you may finally achieve that almost-perfect skin that your favorite celebrities have.