What is Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF?
Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF is a daily moisturizer that claims to have 7 nourishing benefits. It claims to offer hydrating and skin-brightening benefits. Also, it may help even skin tone, minimize pores, and shield against photoaging. The moisturizer is an oil-free formula that is claimed to absorb quickly and cleanly.
Olay total effects moisturizer has a light feel and leaves the skin looking healthy and radiant. It also improves fine lines and wrinkles and is suitable for dry, oily, normal, or combination skin.
OLAY TOTAL EFFECTS ANTI-AGING MOISTURIZER SPF
BEST FOR: All skin types.
USES: It is said to hydrate, replenish, brighten, and, minimizes the look of pores – all while protecting your skin from the sun.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Niacinamide, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Homosalate 4.0%, Avobenzone 3.0%, Tocopheryl Acetat
ABOUT THE BRAND: Olay was originally founded in 1952. It is an American skin care brand owned by Procter & Gamble.
Is Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF Any Good?
While Olay is a reputable brand, we still have to look into the details of olay total effects 7 in one anti-aging moisturizer with sunscreen to know if it is as effective as advertised.
What are the Ingredients in Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF?
The ingredients used to formulate olay total effects 7 in one anti-aging moisturizer with spf 15 include;
- Niacinamide- This is a water-soluble vitamin commonly known as vitamin B3. It is claimed to effective on sallowness, red blotchiness, and hyperpigmented spots on aging skin. The Journal of Dermatology claims that niacinamide reduces transepidermal water loss and improves the moisture content of the skin layers.
- Camellia Sinensis Extract- The tea plant is a rich source of bioactive components. It has a wide spectrum of biological activities such as antioxidant, photoprotective, anticellulite, and improving the skin. According to Molecules, this extract of sealing of blood vessels by protecting the hyaluronic acid.
- Homosalate 4.0% – This is a salicylate, a type of UVB blocker and although it is a weak absorber, salicylate is generally used in combination with other UV filters. The Indian Journal of Dermatology, homosalate is water-insoluble which gives it high effectiveness after exposure to water and perspiration.
- Avobenzone 3.0%- This is a common ingredient in chemical-based sunscreens. It is used in place of oxybenzone which is a benzophenone. This ingredient has drawn controversies concerning potential environmental and health hazards. The Journal of Cutaneous Medicine claims that this ingredient has many advantages compared to inorganic hazards like zinc oxide.
- Tocopheryl Acetate- This is vitamin E and is an important fat-soluble antioxidant that is an important ingredient in many cosmetic products. The Indian Dermatology Online Journal claims that vitamin E protects the skin from solar radiation by acting as a free radical scavenger.
Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF Pros & Cons
- It may protect the skin from harmful UV rays
- It claims to be lightweight and oil-free
- May help improve skin texture and tone
- May minimize the appearance of pores and other aging signs
- People with sensitive skin may experience discomfort
- The is only sold online
- The results on different skin types may not be the same
- It might leave a greasy residue and on some people a discomforting feel
Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF Reviews
The olay total effects anti-aging moisturizer with spf 30 1.7 oz reviews are relatively good. With 4.7 stars from Walmart and 4.5 stars on Amazon, this sunscreen may live up to its claims. Positive reviewers claimed that the moisturizer was one of the best products they had ever used as it showed great effects on the skin. Users who had used it for years claimed the moisturizer left their skin feeling smooth and moisturized the whole day.
As for negative reviewers, they were not impressed by the ever-changing product formulation. According to these customers, the product is of lower quality compared to what they had used previously. Other users discouraged potential buyers from buying the moisturizer online as there are many copy-cat rip-offs in the market.
How to Use Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF?
Apply a generous amount of the moisturizer 15 minutes prior to walking into the sun. Reapply at least every 2 hours. If swimming or sweating, use a water-resistant sunscreen
Is Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF Safe?
This moisturizer may be safe considering the fact that it is oil-free and fragrance-free. The ingredients used to formulate the moisturizer are also safe and have scientific backing.
Where Can I Buy Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF?
Olay total effects anti-aging moisturizer with sunscreen can be purchased from Olay’s official website or other authorized retailers.
What Does Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Moisturizer Cost?
The current price of this 7 in 1 moisturizer is $22.12.
Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Moisturizer Alternatives
|City Beauty||$67.00||Chamomile Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Butylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum|
|LifeCell||$189.00||Hyaluronic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Deanol (DMAE), Retinol|
|Vibriance Super C Serum||$47.00||Konjac Root, Hyaluronic Acid, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin C|
|Plexaderm||$59.95||Sodium Silicate, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin|
Does Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF Have a Return Policy?
Yes, Olay accepts returns of defective, damaged, incorrect items and other returns within 30 days of the shipment date. For exchanges or refunds to be accepted, the products should be unopened and in their original packaging.
Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF is a multi-purpose moisturizer that comes with sun protection properties. It is fragrance-free, oil-free, and absorbable. It is claimed to have seven heavenly benefits that may work wonders for the skin in terms of reviving, defending, and nourishing it. Olay total effects for which age group is suitable for those in the ’20s and beyond.
Users who have used the product mentioned the many positives of this product. They claimed that the moisturizer improved the skin’s smoothness, hydration, and aging signs. However, negative reviewers did not approve of the product’s effectiveness. Some even claimed that it caused them irritation that they had to discontinue use.
Having observed both the pros and cons of this moisturizer, it is up to you to decide to purchase or to look for a better alternative. If considering buying, be cautious about the warnings provided by the manufacturer.