What is L’Oreal Revitalift Cicacream
L’Oreal Revitalift Cicacream is an anti-wrinkle solution that doubles as a moisturizer for mature and sensitive skin. This cream is based on the medicinal herb Centella Asiatica which is commonly known as tiger grass.
Tiger Grass, according to the ancient Chinese is an effective soothing and hydrating agent. It is believed that tigers would roll on these plants when they experience irritations.
According to the brand, this cream targets to repair the skin barrier and reduce visible aging signs. Since it is a daily l’oreal paris revitalift cica cream anti-aging face moisturizer, users are recommended to use it after cleansing and before other moisturizers such as Dr. Loretta Anti-Aging Repair Moisturizer, Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Ferulic + Retinol Anti-Aging Moisturizer or SPF day and night.
L’OREAL REVITALIFT CICACREAM
BEST FOR: All skin types.
USES: It helps fight Wrinkles and resist the early signs of aging.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Centella Asiatica, Sesame Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocoa Seed Butter, Stearic Acid
ABOUT THE BRAND: L’Oréal is a French personal care company. It has developed activities in various field concentrating on hair colour, skin care, sun protection, make-up, perfume, and hair care.
Is L’Oreal Revitalift Cicacream Any Good?
L’Oreal as a brand is a big name in the beauty industry meaning its products could be top-notch. However, we must investigate the l’oreal revitalift cica cream ingredients to ascertain whether it is worth it or not.
What are the Ingredients in L’Oreal Revitalift Cicacream?
Some of the ingredients used to formulate l’oreal revitalift cica cream anti-age day cream include;
- Centella Asiatica – this is a medicinal plant that has been used in folk medicine. According to Advances in Dermatology and Allergology, tiger grass improves the treatment of small wounds, hypertrophic wounds, burns, psoriasis, and scleroderma. It also promotes collagen synthesis.
- Sesame Seed Oil – this ingredient is derived from sesamum Indicum and has been incorporated in many food items for centuries. The International Journal of Molecular Sciences claims that sesame oil contains a high amount of lignans which support antioxidative activity. This helps to reduce the oxidative stress of the skin.
- Glyceryl Stearate – this is an esterification product of glycerin and stearic acid. In cosmetic formulations, glyceryl stearate is used as an emollient, emulsifier, and stabilizer as stated in the Cosmetic Ingredient Review. When applied to the skin, it produces a waxy, occlusive, and water-soluble film that are useful properties of lotions and creams.
- Cocoa Seed Butter – this ingredient contains several bioactive compounds including polyphenols, theobromine, and minerals. Plant polyphenols possess anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory and antioxidant properties which may be essential in the prevention of various skin disorders as per the Nutrients journal.
- Stearic Acid – this is a fatty acid with hydrocarbon chains. It is usually produced by hydrolysis of common animal and vegetable fats and oils. The Journal of the American College of Toxicology claims that stearic acid plays the roles of emulsifiers, emollients, and lubricants in cosmetic creams.
How to Use L’Oreal Revitalift Cicacream?
Smooth the cream over the entire face gently until thoroughly absorbed every morning and evening. For best results, it is recommended to use in conjunction with other Revitalift products such as the L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Moisturizer.
How Does L’Oreal Revitalift Cicacream Work?
The working of l’oreal revitalift cicacream night revolves around reducing antiaging signs and skin barrier repair. As we age, the skin tends to lose its structure and elasticity due to the degradation of collagen and other structural proteins that keep the skin smooth and firm. This, therefore, causes fine lines and wrinkles to appear. On its part, this cica cream claims to promote collagen synthesis to help prevent the prevention of more fine lines while at the same time improving the appearance of those that are already present. As for the skin barrier, l’oreal revitalift cicacream antiwrinkle + skin barrier repair cream claims to strengthen it to shield the skin from both internal and external aggressors.
L’Oreal Revitalift Cicacream Pros & Cons
- May reduce aging signs such as fine lines and wrinkles
- May strengthen the skin barrier
- Suitable for users with sensitive skin
- It is fragrance-free which is suitable for those with allergic reactions
- Formulated using potent ingredients with scientific backing
- Product may not work as anticipated
- May cause skin irritation to some individuals
- Results experienced may be short term only
L’Oreal Revitalift Cicacream Reviews
L’oreal revitalift cicacream reviews are quite many. On Amazon, for instance, the cream gained 4.4 out of 5 stars. This can be translated that most customers were impressed by the product. Users who appreciated the cream claimed that it is a wonderful cream and they would highly recommend it. Some reviewers also mentioned that the brand’s customer service was impeccable. For instance, one mentioned that the delivery was prompt while another praised the company’s hassle-free refund policy.
Apart from positive reviews, there were negative reviews as well. Here reviewers pointed out that the cream’s odor was very strong. Others experienced irritation in form of itchy rashes after applying the cream.
Is L’Oreal Revitalift Cicacream Safe?
Yes, this product is claimed to be safe. According to L’Oreal, this cream is dermatology tested and is free from parabens, fragrance, colorant, dye, and skin-stripping alcohol.
Does L’Oreal Revitalift Cicacream Have a Return Policy?
L’Oreal does not offer free returns or exchanges. Instead, the brand instructs users to communicate directly to the company in case of any issues with the order. However, the company offers coupons and discount codes.
L’Oreal Revitalift Cicacream Alternatives
|City Beauty||$67.00||Chamomile Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Butylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum|
|Chanel Le Lift Crème||$165||Ipomoea Batatas Root Extract, Shea Butter, Tocopherol|
|LifeCell||$189.00||Hyaluronic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Deanol (DMAE), Retinol|
|Vibriance Super C Serum||$47.00||Konjac Root, Hyaluronic Acid, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin C|
|Miami MD||$40-$50||Chondrus Crispus, Stem Cell Complex, Peptides, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Progeline Peptide|
Where Can I Buy L’Oreal Revitalift Cicacream?
It can be bought from the brand’s website as well as other authorized retailer sites such as l’oreal revitalift cica cream wizaz.
What Does L’Oreal Revitalift Cicacream Cost?
The l’oreal revitalift cica cream 40ml costs $16.00.
L’Oreal Revitalift Cicacream is a skincare solution that claims to fade aging signs and strengthen the skin barrier. Borrowing its effectiveness from natural botanicals, this cream may work wonders on mature and sensitive skin. For better results, this cream should be used together with other revitalift products like the l’oreal revitalift cica cream eye cream.
Going by the positive reviews, this product may be worth it. Reviewers claimed that the cream lived up to its claim which is a good sign. The product is also allergy tested which is quite important for those with sensitive skin.
However, there were users who still experienced irritations after using this cica cream. And while the cream has no fragrance, most users did not appreciate its strong odor.
So, if these negatives are a put off for you, there are other alternatives from other brands such as Olay Pro-X Deep Wrinkle, Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream, and Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum. But if you feel confident enough in L’Oreal, then why not give it a try?