About Dermalogica BioLumin-C Eye Serum
Dermalogica BioLumin-C Eye Serum is a vitamin C serum that claims to beat premature skin aging caused by environmental stressors and daily eye movements.
It is purported to be a lightweight Dermalogica eye care serum that delivers high bioavailable vitamin C to the skin around the eye which is important in the brightening and firming of the skin.
Apart from that, this serum may fade fine lines and wrinkles through exfoliation and hydration properties in the serum.
DERMALOGICA BIOLUMIN-C EYE SERUM
BEST FOR: All skin types.
USES: Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Salvia Hispanic seed oil, Dunaliella salina extract, Palmitoyl tripeptide-5, Sodium hyaluronate, Grapefruit peel oil.
ABOUT THE BRAND: Dermalogica is founded on the belief that good skin care is not about pampering or luxury, it’s about improving and maintaining the health of the skin.
What are the Ingredients in Dermalogica BioLumin-C Eye Serum?
Dermalogica BioLumin-C Eye Serum ingredients include;
- Salvia Hispanic seed oil – this is commonly known as chia seed oil. It is the richest known botanical source of skin moisturizer and anti-inflammatory alpha-linoleic acid. The Journal of Food Science and Technology claims that this oil is rich in fatty acids, phenolic acids, and isoflavones.
- Dunaliella salina extract – this is marine algae that is rich in bioactive substances that exhibit strong benefits to the skin especially in overcoming rashes, pigmentation, aging, and cancer. According to Marine Drugs, the applications of this ingredient include; skin whitening, anti-aging, antioxidant, anti-inflammation, and anti-microbial.
- Palmitoyl tripeptide-5 – this is a synthetic peptide that mimics the growth factors involved in the stimulation of collagen production. Peptides are building blocks used in the body to signal between cells. According to the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, these peptides regulate cellular functions.
- Sodium hyaluronate – this is a type of hyaluronic acid. It works to improve facial contours and volume. It also improves skin sagging of both the face and cheekbones. The Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology also points out that hyaluronic acid enhances the water holding capacity of the skin and helps reduce aging signs.
- Grapefruit peel oil – this ingredient is packed with vitamin C. Grapefruit is known as a detoxification agent. The Natural Ingredient Resource Center claims that this oil is often added to creams and lotions to help treat acne and prevent oily skin.
How Does Dermalogica BioLumin-C Eye Serum Work?
This serum plays multiple roles to keep the eye area looking younger and healthier. First of all, Dermalogica vit c serum contains hydrating properties that keep the skin moisturized the whole day. Moisturized skin maintains its smoothness and elasticity, unlike dry skin. Secondly, this serum contains peptides that work on collagen synthesis. Collagen is the building blocks of the skin and is the component that gives the skin its firm and elastic structure. Thirdly, this product contains antioxidants that work on eliminating free radicals that may cause skin damage.
How Should You Use Dermalogica BioLumin-C Eye Serum?
For Dermalogica BioLumin-C Eye Serum how to use, gently squeeze out a small amount of this eye cream and apply under the eye and along the orbital bone twice a day (morning and evening). Keep out of the eyes.
Dermalogica BioLumin-C Alternatives
|La Prairie Skin Caviar Eye Lift Serum||$485||Arnica Montana, Algae Extract, Sweet Almond Seed Extract|
|Lancome Absolue Revitalizing Eye Cream||$160||Passion Flower, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Prunus Americana Kernel Oil|
|Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Eye Serum||$111||Marine Kelp, Retinol Tri-Active Technology, Urea|
|Kylie Skin Eye Cream||$20||Pomegranate Extract, Green Tea Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil|
|Vichy Mineral 89 Eyes||$27.96||Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Shea Butter|
Dermalogica BioLumin-C Eye Serum Reviews
This serum has very good Dermalogica eye cream reviews. On Dermalogica’s official website, the serum scores 4.5 stars based on 559 reviews. Similarly, the eye serum scored 4.5 stars on Sephora based on the 320 reviews. Customers were delighted with the lightweight nature of the product. They mentioned feeling hydrated after using the serum and they also experienced reduced frown lines, wrinkles, and puffiness. Negative reviews were also present with customers complaining about the serum’s ineffectiveness. One particular customer claimed that the serum was too sticky making it difficult to apply especially at night.
How Much Does Dermalogica BioLumin-C Eye Serum Cost?
This product costs;
- Dermalogica biolumin c eye serum 0.5fl oz – $70.00
- Dermalogica biolumin c eye serum 6 ml – $25.77
- Dermalogica biolumin c eye serum 15 ml – $115.00
Where Can I Buy Dermalogica BioLumin-C Eye Serum?
You can buy this eye serum from the brand’s official website and authorized retailers such as Dermalogica BioLumin-C Serum Sephora.
Does Dermalogica BioLumin-C Eye Serum Offer Sample Products?
Yes, you can access a Dermalogica BioLumin-C Eye Serum sample from a Dermalogica specialist. Ulta stores also provide such samples to their customers.
Dermalogica is a professional-grade skincare brand whose founder is a skin therapist. The company’s mission is to develop innovative products and services that actively improve skin health. Apart from this eye serum, the brand sells other Dermalogica products including; Dermalogica cooling eye wand and Dermalogica intensive eye repair. Dermalogica intensive eye repair ingredients are equally impressive.
Dermalogica BioLumin-C Eye Serum works on all the different skin types; normal, dry, combination, and oily. It aims to combat all aging signs occurring around the eye area. The Dermalogica BioLumin-C Serum reviews were generally positive giving the impression that it does work. Users were amazed at the effectiveness of the eye cream in hydrating the skin and outsmarting fine lines and forehead wrinkles. And to think that you can get a Dermalogica BioLumin-C Eye Serum sample before purchasing the actual product makes it even more refreshing.
Nonetheless, there were critical reviews as well. Unsatisfied customers claimed that they did not notice any changes after using the eye serum. To most of them, this product did not have special or better ingredients compared to similar products. Others complained of the serum’s texture saying that although it is lightweight, it is also sticky.
This eye serum is also expensive which may force you into using a Dermalogica BioLumin-C Eye Serum dupe instead. If this is the case, ensure the product you consider using contains effective ingredients to get the job done.
But if you are still considering this product, check out some Dermalogica BioLumin-C Eye Serum before and after reviews to guide your purchase. Once you purchase it, use it as directed consistently. Store the serum at room temperature and if pregnant, do not use until you confirm with your doctor.
That said if you want to get even better results, make some changes to your lifestyle. Drink plenty of water throughout the day, eat nutritious foods, do some physical exercises, get enough sleep, quit alcohol and smoking, reduce your screen time, and wear sunglasses and sunscreen when outdoors. Having these changes in place will not only improve the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines but will also prevent new ones from forming in the future.