What is RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Eye Cream?
Its key ingredient is retinol that has been formulated to be extra gentle. Users who have never used retinol can also benefit from this cream as it causes minimal to no irritation.
Apart from retinol, RoC Retinol Correxion sensitive eye cream features hyaluronic acid as well as other minerals in its formulation. These ingredients are also in low concentrations to cater to the delicate under eyes.
ROC RETINOL CORREXION SENSITIVE EYE CREAM
BEST FOR: All skin types.
USES: Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Retinol, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Ascorbic Acid, Sunflower Oil.
ABOUT THE BRAND: RoC has been revolutionizing skincare since 1957 when Dr. Jean-Charles Lissarrague, a French pharmacist at the Rogé Cavaillès pharmacy, created the first hypoallergenic skincare formulations.
What are the Ingredients in RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Eye Cream?
Some RoC Retinol Correxion sensitive eye cream ingredients that are consider key include;
- Retinol – also known as vitamin A. It belongs to the retinoid family. According to Clinical Interventions in Aging, retinol causes minimal irritation compared to other retinoid derivatives. The journal claims that this ingredient causes less transipedermal water loss, reduces UV induction, and stimulates collagen synthesis.
- Hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid – Hyaluronic acid regulates various biological processes including skin repair, wound healing, and tissue regeneration according to the International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. This ingredient is further claimed to reduce forehead wrinkles as well as other aging signs. It also features space-filling properties.
- Palmitoyl oligopeptide – this is an engineered amino-peptide which when added to fibroblasts stimulates the production of collagen, elastin, and glycosaminoglycans. The Plant Metabolism and Chemodiversity journal considers this ingredient to be safe as a conditioning agent in cosmetics.
- Ascorbic acid – vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that can be used topically in dermatology to treat and prevent changes associated with photoaging. The Indian Dermatology Online Journal claims that ascorbic acid is used in the treatment of hyperpigmentation.
- Sunflower oil – the components of sunflower oil are mainly oleic and linoleic acids. The International Journal of Molecular Sciences claims that sunflower is a suitable ingredient in skin products as it enhances hydration and facilitates barrier repair without causing erythema.
How to Use RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Eye Cream?
Apply RoC Retinol Correxion sensitive night cream on cleansed and dry skin. Apply a small amount (a little goes a long way) around the eye area and smooth gently until absorbed. Extra tips for you:
- Start early in your late 20’s and early 30’s
- Start slowly by applying every other day for two weeks then you can embark on a daily application
- Be consistent in your skincare regimen
- Protect your skin with SPF 15 or higher
People Also Ask
Q: What is the Percentage of Retinal RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Eye Cream?
A: The percentage of retinol in RoC Retinol Correxion sensitive night cream for acne scars is proprietary hence not mentioned. In this case, it is hard to tell whether the retinol concentration in this product is on par with the standards.
Q: RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Night Cream for Acne Scars
A: This is another eye cream in the RoC Retinol Correxion line of products. As the name suggests, it targets acne scars which may be something you would want to eliminate.
Q: Can I Apply RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Eye Cream as Daily Moisturizer?
A: While this product may be used on the face since it contains a milder retinol formula, it may not be economical to be used as a moisturizer. RoC Skincare has moisturizers in its line of products so instead of using this eye cream, it is better to check those out.
RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Alternatives
|Cosmetics Confidence in an Eye Cream||$39.00||Collagen, Ceramides, Peptides, Licorice Root, Niacin|
|SK-II LXP Ultimate Revival Eye Cream||$195||Passion Flower, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Prunus Americana Kernel Oil|
|Tata Harper Restorative Eye Crème||$28.50||Squalane, Peptides, Shea Butter and Plant-Based Antioxidants|
|Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream||$20||Pomegranate Extract, Green Tea Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil|
|La Roche-Posay Pigmentclar Eyes||$42.99||Shea Butter, Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Niacinamide, Caffeine|
RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Eye Cream Reviews
RoC Retinol Correxion sensitive eye cream UK is an Allure Best of Beauty winner which means it is recognized by beauty industry leaders. Similarly, the RoC Retinol Correxion sensitive night cream reviews are generally positive with 4.1 stars rating on both Influenster and Amazon. Users who used this eye cream were happy with their final results. Some claimed their dark circles faded while others appreciated the improvement in the appearance of their fine lines and wrinkles.
There were negative reviews as well with users complaining that the eye cream was not as gentle as expected. Such customers mentioned feeling a burning sensation after applying the product. One customer also highlighted the existence of harmful ingredients such as BHT in the eye cream.
Does RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream Work?
Yes, this product may work. Going by the RoC Retinol Correxion deep wrinkle night cream review, this eye cream may effectively reduce frown lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet, puffiness, and dark circles. This could be the case mainly because of retinol which is considered the most effective anti-aging ingredient in cosmetics.
How Much Does RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Eye Cream Cost?
The official website does not clearly show the price, but some retailer sites indicate the current price to be around $15.20.
Where Can I Buy RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Eye Cream?
You can buy this eye cream from the brand’s website, other retail stores, as well as dermatology offices.
In as much as retinol is an effective anti-aging ingredient, it is a well-known irritant. It causes a peeling effect that depending on the skin type may be mild or severe. For that reason, RoC Skincare produced this milder retinol eye cream. This eye cream contains a lower concentration compared to products like RoC Retinol Correxion deep wrinkle filler.
The RoC Retinol Correxion sensitive eye cream reviews for this product are positive and so are the reviews on RoC Retinol Correxion deep wrinkle night cream. Customers were happy that the product lived up to its claims with only a few mentioning they expected more. While this eye cream is touted as an eye cream for those with sensitive skin, some users claimed it still irritated their skin. Others went a step ahead and mentioned the presence of harmful ingredients such as BHT.
Therefore, we can say that this product may either work for you or not. Since our skins are unique, they are affected differently by the same products. If interested in exploring an alternative eye cream, you can research RoC Retinol Correxion deep wrinkle night cream before and after reviews and get to know what it is all about.