What is SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator
SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator is a facial serum that uses five types of hydrators to supposedly help resolve aging signs. It is a moisturizing facial serum that may reduce wrinkles, keep the skin softer, and help clear fine lines.
This serum is a product of SkinMedica, a brand that claims to use only doctor-recommended ingredients. Dr. Richard Fitzpatrick, a California based dermatologist, and his team are the brain behind the company, and shares that their products have received acceptance since they launched, some ten years ago.
It’s a fragrance-free serum that claims to go to work fast, and that it replenishes the skin’s moisturizing components to keep it rejuvenated.
SKINMEDICA HA5 REJUVENATING HYDRATOR
BEST FOR: All skin types.
USES: It helps to smooth out the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and supports the skin’s natural ability to retain moisture.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Sodium Hyaluronate, Nano HA, Time Release HA, Crosslinked HA
ABOUT THE BRAND: Founded by Dr. Richard Fitzpatrick. SkinMedica offers a complete line of high-quality skin care prodcuts.
Is SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator Any Good?
The main strength that this serum boasts of is its deep hydrating benefits to the skin. It backs this claim with five types of ingredients components that are known for being rich in hyaluronic acid.
That is, with five supposedly lab-tested hyaluronic acids, in one serum, it likely that you can expect softer skin and age-defiant skin. The company that makes this product believes it is a great moisturizer as it works for all skin types.
What are the Ingredients in SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator?
- Sodium Hyaluronate – This ingredient component in hyaluronic acid has a unique benefit that allows it to support fast absorption and that is the reason why you can expect immediate change as you use HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator. In general, hyaluronic acid, according to the International Journal of Biological Macromolecules may offer instant moisturizing benefits to the skin.
- Nano HA – This is also a type of hyaluronic acid. Research links Nano HA to notable skin benefits. It supposedly has moisture retention properties that help to keep the skin smooth. A study in The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology points out that it can reduce skin dryness, as well as help balance skin sensitivity.
- Time Release HA – This is a delivery support ingredient in that it helps to control the hyaluronic acid usage in the formulation. However, there is a need for research to support this claim.
- Crosslinked HA – To ensure the hydration lasts throughout the 8 hours that this product aims to achieve, this is the ingredient that is meant to ensure that. It is a type of hyaluronic acid that is considered stable, which the Clinical Approaches and Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology journal mentions may support deep moisture retention.
How Does SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator Work?
The detail that sets HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator apart as a deep skin moisturizer is that it uses Hyaluronic acid. The building molecules in this acid is said to have a special water holding capacity, up to 1000 times its weight. In other words, this is a deep moisturizing serum, and that it helps to replenish the moisture levels on the skin.
This overtime may change the skin’s appearance in a positive way. The five types of hyaluronic supposedly work consistently and synergistically to provide daily constant hydration on the skin, which eventually improves skin texture.
SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator Pros & Cons
- It may improve the skin’s moisture retention capacity
- It claims to offer hydration benefits to all skin types
- The product claims to use a well-researched moisturizing ingredient – hyaluronic acid
- The serum may support smoother and better-toned skin
- The cream lists a lot of ingredients but most of the benefits seem to come from a few
- You may have to use the product as directed to maintain the benefits
- It may not be effective in treating blemishes and skin discoloration
SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator Reviews
As an anti-aging serum, this product is notably popular online and there are lots of talks about it. Most customers have left encouraging feedback and claims to have had a good experience with this product. The fact these customer feedbacks are not only on a few websites could be a good sign or reason to trust the reviews, unlike in the case if they were only on the manufacturer’s website alone. “I like the fact that this cream lasts throughout the day and that I don’t have to reapply until am back home again.” -VP
How to Use SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator?
The serum is to be applied after, as the final treatment in your daily skincare routine but just before your other moisturizers such as Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF and Peter Thomas Roth Peptide 21 Wrinkle Resist Moisturizer. Use it twice per day, and that you can use the serum on both the face and the neck, as well as other skin areas with wrinkles and fine lines.
Is SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator Safe?
All the ingredients in SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator are considered safe, which makes it safe as well. However, if you notice any negative reactions after using the product it would be best to stop and get advice from your doctor.
Where Can I Buy SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator?
The manufacturer sells this skin moisturizer through its official website, as well as through other retailer sites.
SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator Alternatives
|Glé Skincare for Wrinkles||$39.99||Algae Extract, Vitamin B3 & B5, Vitamin E, Jojoba Seed Oil|
|SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3 Serum||$130||Niacinamide, Glycerin, Black Tea|
|SkinCeuticals C + AHA||$136||Ascorbic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Glycolic Acid, Citric Acid, Triethanolamine|
|La Roche-Posay Pure Vitamin C Face Serum||$39.99||Salicylic Acid, Vitamin C, Tocopherol|
|Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum||$89||Swertia Flower Extract, Shea Butter, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract, Urea|
Does SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator Have a Return Policy?
Yes. If for any reason you decide that SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator is not the product for you, the company covers all their products with a 30-day return policy that allows you to request a refund in case you feel not satisfied with a product.
There are a few notable points that may make you want to give SkinMedica HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator the attention it claims.
First, it is supposedly doctor recommended, and that the ingredients are backed clinically with skin preserving benefits.
Second, it uses five specific forms of hyaluronic acid, a component that is generally considered to improve the skin’s ability to hold moisture. Also noteworthy is the cream has a lot of positive remarks from users.
What may be a turnoff, however, about this product is the fact it cost a bit above what other products with similar claims are priced. Nevertheless, considering the benefits, that the serum has the ability to keep the skin deeply moisturized all day long, it may be a good decision to want to try the product.