- Is It Good?
- How Does It Work
- Pros & Cons
- Customer Reviews
- People Also Ask
- Final Thought
What is SkinMedica Age Defense Retinol Complex?
SkinMedica Age Defense Retinol Complex is a retinol-powered treatment designed to help smooth and improve the skin’s texture and tone. It supports a rejuvenated skin complexion and enhances its appearance, according to the producer.
In precise, this night cream is supposedly a pre-conditioned retinol treatment and that it effetely diminishes wrinkles. Using it as directed, may reverse age spots on the skin as well.
Also, skinmedica age defense retinol complex 0.5 (1 fl. oz.) may improve the appearance of acne scars, and that people with loose skin may notice an improved skin elasticity and firmness.
SKINMEDICA AGE DEFENSE RETINOL COMPLEX
BEST FOR: All skin types.
USES: It is said to enhance the skin’s appearance to promote a smoother, rejuvenated complexion.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Dunaliella Salina Extract, Squalane, Ceramide, Ethylhexylglycerin.
ABOUT THE BRAND: SkinMedica is a professional-grade skin care line that offers a complete range of skin care products.
Is SkinMedica Age Defense Retinol Complex Any Good?
As a night cream and based on the ingredients that formulate this product, it is likely to deliver notable results. That is, on top of promising to enhance skin texture and tone in general, this product might also be a good pick as it claims to enhance skin radiance, all thanks to the notion that it is retinol based.
What are the Ingredients in SkinMedica Age Defense Retinol Complex?
The key ingredients in skinmedica age defense retinol complex 0.5 include;
- Dunaliella Salina Extract – The ingredients come from the family of Marine Microalgae and Cyanobacteria, which according to the Cosmetics from Marine Sources may have cosmetic benefits on the skin.
- Squalane – In addition to being recognized as a prevalent ingredient in skin beauty products, squalene is also commonly known to offer emollient and antioxidant advantages to the skin. In the Journal of Molecules, it is listed as one of the key compounds in the skin and that it improves hydration.
- Ceramide – This ingredient is pointed out as a fundamental component that may play a key role in strengthening skin health. The Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology reports a study that was done to establish the therapeutic benefits of ceramide in skincare products.
- Ethylhexylglycerin – According to some sources, this is a relatively new ingredient in the cosmetic world. In precise, the Contact Dermatitis Cutaneous Allergy Environmental and Occupational Dermatitis Journal points out that this ingredient may offer skin conditioning benefits, serves as an emollient, and offers antimicrobial properties.
How Does SkinMedica Age Defense Retinol Complex Work?
This night cream works basically as a retinol treatment. Meaning, while it has other ingredients the key component that its effectiveness comes from is retinol. In itself, retinol is known for antiaging skin benefits. This formula works with other constituents to enhance the radiant look of the skin, improves texture, and smoothens out the skin’s epidermis. The second defining ingredient in the way this cream works is the PhytoShield™ Complex, which among others may offer antioxidant benefits to the skin and reduce sensitivity.
SkinMedica Age Defense Retinol Complex Pros & Cons
- It claims to help enhance the skin’s appearance
- May help reduce coarse wrinkles and shouting fine lines
- It claims to work on all skin types
- Purports to minimize irritation and offer skin antioxidant benefits
- May improve skin tone
- It is only recommended for people who are ready to do retinol treatment
- May cause peeling and mild redness on some people
- The dose needs to be increased carefully
- It may trigger irritation
SkinMedica Age Defense Retinol Complex Reviews
From the skinmedica age defense retinol complex 1.0 reviews shared online, it might be safe to conclude that most people like their results. In precise, in comparing their skinmedica age defense retinol complex before and after images, some female users of age 30 and above claims they saw it help keep their skin radiant. “My skin is particularly oily and I like the way this cream keeps my skin light toned.” – RL.
People Also Ask
Q: How to Use SkinMedica Age Defense Retinol Complex?
A: The way this cream is designed, in terms of delivery, makes it easy to use. So, place one pump of the cream on your hands and apply gently on the face, twice a week at first. As your skin gets used to the cream you can raise the frequency to daily or as your skin is able to tolerate. Being a night cream, the ideal time to apply it is in the evening.
Q: Is SkinMedica Age Defense Retinol Complex Safe?
A: If used as directed, skinmedica age defense retinol complex is considered safe. However, like most other retinol products, some users, depending on how they respond to the retinol complex, may see mild redness as a side effect, while others may complain of an itchy feeling.
Q: Where Can I Buy SkinMedica Age Defense Retinol Complex and How Much is it?
A: The night cream is available on the official website and currently retails for $74.40. It can as well be ordered from select retailer sites.
Q: Does SkinMedica Age Defense Retinol Complex Have a Return Policy?
A:The company has a no question asked return policy that allows customers who are unhappy to return the item after passing the 60-day money-back guarantee line.
SkinMedica Age Defense Retinol Complex Alternatives
|Senté Dermal Repair Cream||$158||Green Tea, Heparan Sulfate Analog, Sodium Hyaluronate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract|
|Glé Skincare Night Cream||$49.99||Retinol, Jojoba Oil, Aqua/Water, Cetyl Alcohol|
|Clarins Extra-Firming Wrinkle Control||$93.00||Kangaroo Flower Extract, Hydrated Silica of Moonstone Extract, Organic Leaf of Life, Organic Desert Date Extract|
|Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Night||$89.00||Retinol Tri-Active Technology, Niacinamide, Hydroxystearate, Capric|
Some of the outstanding marketing points that this night cream boasts of include that it is ideal for all skin types. It is a retinal based treatment kind of cream and may supposedly promote elasticity, rejuvenate skin complexion, improve wrinkles, and treat fine lines.
The long-term use of this retinal complex is said to encourage cell renewal, improve skin texture, refine skin tone and texture, and correct other aging signs such as skin sagginess. You can check the skinmedica age defense retinol complex before and after photos that the producer shows to explain this, on their official website. Also, worth a mention is that skinmedica age defense retinol complex .25 reduces the appearance of acne scars.
However, at first, the use of this cream should be limit to only a few times a week as unmonitored frequency may cause damage to the skin surface. Besides, it may cause unwanted mild effects including redness and peeling, but this may subside over time.