What is CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream?
CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream is an overnight skin moisturizer that claims to soften, hydrate, and retain the skin’s moisture longer.
This cream combines the forces of peptides and ceramides to renew the look of tired skin, supposedly overnight. CeraVe further explains that the reason for including these two ingredients is to help reduce aging signs and balance the skin’s ceramide composition.
CeraVe skin renewing night cream moisturizer is formulated with three essential ceramides including 1, 3, and 6-II. This night cream is also purported to be dermatologist-recommended as it is a fragrance-free, non-comedogenic, and non-irritating formula.
CERAVE SKIN RENEWING NIGHT CREAM
BEST FOR: All skin types.
USES: This Night Cream is designed to help restore your skin barrier overnight.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Caprylic Triglycerides, Shea Butter, Stearic Acid, Hyaluronic Acid
ABOUT THE BRAND: CeraVe’s dermatologists developed skincare products to help repair and strengthen the skin’s natural barrier.
Is CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream Any Good?
CeraVe products are usually rated highly as they are designed by dermatologists. These products are claimed to be effective for users of all skin types including sensitive skin. Although this cream is rated as the top best seller in facial night creams by Amazon, we will have to assess more cerave skin renewing night cream details to gauge whether it is worth it or not.
What are the Ingredients in CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream?
Cerave skin renewing night cream ingredients include;
- Caprylic Triglycerides – This ingredient is one of the three fatty acids found in coconut oil. It is manufactured by hydrolyzing coconut oil, removing the free glycerin, and separating the medium-chain fatty acids. According to the Cosmetic Ingredient Review, this ingredient is used for eye, non-coloring hair, hair coloring, nails, and baby product formulations.
- Shea Butter – This butter is extracted from the kernel of the shea nut tree. The Africa Journal of Biochemistry Research claims that shea butter is an-all vitamin A cream which is a good moisturizer. It also has exceptional skin healing properties and is effective for dry skin, skin rash, skin peeling after tanning, blemishes, and wrinkles.
- Stearic Acid – This is a fatty acid with hydrocarbon chains. It is found primarily in animal fats and oils. Most oils that contain this ingredient are used as emollients and emulsifiers which protect the skin’s surface against water loss as per the Journal of American College of Toxicology. The Journal further claims that the ingredient also protects the skin’s protective barrier.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Topical hyaluronic acid has shown effectiveness in maintaining skin hydration. This macromolecule plays numerous roles in skincare. However, its most notable role lies in its ability to hold large amounts of moisture in the skin. According to the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, large amounts of HA keeps the skin youthful.
- Ceramides (NP/AP/EOP) – Ceramides work as moisturizers. The Ukrainian Food Journal claims that ceramides are topical products that improve and maintain the skin barrier function. It also helps to prevent dry skin. Ceramide creams increase skin hydration and improve barrier function making them suitable for use on dry skin.
How Does CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream Work
So what does cerave skin renewing night cream do? This cream is purported to work in sync with the skin’s natural circadian rhythm which helps restore the skin barrier. Formulators of CeraVe claim that the product is designed for night use because the skin is most receptive at night. The cream also maintains the skin’s moisture levels keeping it hydrated all night long. And in the morning, users are promised to experience skin smoothness and extra hydration to their skin.
CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream Pros & Cons
- Claimed to be dermatologist formulated and tested
- Contains effective ingredients that may benefit the skin
- May reduce aging signs and keep skin hydrated and soft
- Claimed to be gentle on the skin
- Maybe non-comedogenic
- Some users don’t like its thick texture as it hard to dry
- May bother the eyes if applied under the eyes
- Does not treat any underlying conditions
- May not work well for textured skin
CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream Reviews
Cerave skin renewing night cream reviews are quite many. On so retailer sites for instance, the cream got 4.6 stars from the 13,116 global ratings provided on the platform. Users who loved the product were impressed by the cream’s affordability, effectiveness, and gentleness. Some of the users with sensitive skin affirmed that the cream did not cause them to breakout. Nonetheless, there were negative reviewers as well. This group of reviewers complained that the product’s quantity was sampled, that is to say, the cream was half of what they were supposed to receive. Apart from that, some users cited that the cream bothered their eyes while others thought it did not work as advertised.
CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream Reviews
To apply cerave skin renewing night cream for rosacea, apply in small dots around the face and smooth it gently until absorbed. Use it nightly before bedtime.
Is CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream Non Comedogenic?
Yes, this product is claimed to be noncomedogenic meaning it will not clog pores.
Is CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream Good for Acne?
Cerave skin renewing night cream beautypedia is designed to moisturize normal skin. While this cream may be safe for those with sensitive skin, it is highly recommended to check with your dermatologist before using it.
Does CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream Have Retinol
No, this night cream does not have retinol listed as one of its ingredients.
Is CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream Safe?
Yes, this night cream is fragrance-free, non-irritating, and non-comedogenic. Cerave skin renewing night cream safe for pregnancy is listed as pregnancy safe product.
Where Can I Buy CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream?
You can buy cerave skin renewing night cream for softer skin 1.7 oz from major retail stores such as Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Ulta Beauty among others. It costs $18.49 at Ulta Beauty and $13.98 at Walmart, and $13.99 at Target.
CeraVe cautions customers to buy products that are labeled as “sold by Amazon (or any retailer)” to be safe from counterfeit products.
CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream Alternatives
|Glé Skincare Night Cream||$49.99||Retinol, Jojoba Oil, Aqua/Water, Cetyl Alcohol|
|Ole Henriksen Goodnight Glow Retin-Alt Sleeping Crème||$58||Bakuchiol, AHAS (Glycolic and Lactic Acids), Edelweiss Stem Cell, Glycerin|
|L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Moisturizer||$18.54||Vitamin C, Pro-Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid, Glycerin|
|CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion||$15.99||Niacinamide, Capryl, Glycerine, Ceramides|
|Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream||$32||Alcohol Denat, Antarcticine, Imperata Cylindrica/Desert Plant Extract, Aqua/Water|
Does CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream Have a Return Policy?
Since CeraVe products are sold through major retail stores or online stores, buyers will be subjected to the retailer’s return policy.
CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream is claimed to be dermatologist formulated, fragrance-free, retinol free, non-comedogenic, non-irritating, and pregnant safe. Owing to all these qualities, this nightly moisturizer may be used by many users worry-free.
However, this cream is designed for normal skin types. While it may cause no outbreaks for those with acne-prone skin types, it is better to consult first.
You may also explore cerave skin renewing night cream reddit reviews for more insight, but then, keep in mind that there are other highly rated night creams that offer the same promises.