About Dr. Perricone MD Products
Dr. Perricone MD products are cosmeceuticals that claim to use a holistic approach. Its line of products has expanded over the years to include “no makeup” makeup products and dietary supplements.
Apart from these products, the brand also features a special 3 days and 28 days diet plan to complement the working of the products. This diet plan involves eating antioxidant-rich foods, vitamin supplements, and high-quality proteins.
Who is Dr. Perricone?
Dr. Perricone is a celebrity dermatologist who is known to be the first to embrace a holistic, healthcare, and wellness approach through his products. He does not believe in injections to counter aging signs as he theorizes that aging is an inflammatory disease at the cellular level therefore, it can be prevented.
Dr. Perricone is also an author of dermatology books such as “The Wrinkle Cure”, “Ageless Face, Ageless Mind”, and “Forever Young” among others.
What Does Perricone MD sell?
This brand sells a wide range of skincare products, makeups, and supplements. Some of the products include;
- Perricone MD cold plasma
- Perricone MD no makeup foundation
- Perricone MD exfoliating pore refiner
- Perricone MD firming eye cream
- Perricone MD cold plasma sub d
Some of the best Perricone MD products are; Perricone No Makeup, Vitamin C Brightening Serum, MD Supergreens Supplement Powder, Cold Plasma Neck and Chest Broad Spectrum SPF 25, and Cocoa Moisture Mask.
What are the Ingredients Found in Perricone MD?
Some of the common ingredients used to formulate these products include;
- Hyaluronic Acid – This ingredient has multiple roles in regulating various biological processes such as skin repairment, wound healing, and tissue regeneration. According to the International Journal of Biological Macromolecules.
- Vitamin F – this is unsaturated fat like omega 3, 6, and 9. Its sources include; sardines, chia seed oil, flaxseed oil, pumpkin seed oil and, macadamia seed oil. Vitamin F works to maintain the water permeability barrier of the skin according to the International Journal of Molecular Sciences. This helps prevent skin conditions such as dermatitis.
- DMAE – dimethylaminoethanol is a potent anti-inflammatory agent that maintains skin firmness. According to the American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, DMAE also improves the underlying facial muscle tone.
- Acyl-glutathione – this is a naturally occurring antioxidant which decreases due to age, stress as well as other environmental aggressors. According to Dermatology Reports, glutathione is widely used in skin lightening products owing to its effectiveness. However, this ingredient is known to worsen acne.
- Vitamin E – this is an important fat-soluble antioxidant that has been in use for decades. It is claimed to protect the skin from harmful solar radiation by acting as a free-radical scavenger according to the Indian Dermatology Online Journal. Vitamin E sources include spinach, nuts, olive oil, sunflower oil, and whole grains.
Is Perricone Any Good?
Perricone products may be considered as good products because they embrace a holistic approach in terms of its ingredients and mechanism of action. Its long-time presence in the market, as well as its committed fan base, could also mean that this product is worth the price tag. The “No Makeup” makeup line is a huge success as consumers with sensitive skin can apply makeup stress-free.
Does Perricone MD work?
Reviews for Perricone MD however few, show that some consumers approved while others critiqued them. For instance, the Cold Plasma + Neck and Chest Broad SPF 25 had lots of positive reviews. Consumers claimed that the results were instant. On the other hand, negative reviewers were not pleased by the filmy feel of the product. Some of them even commented that it was not worth the price tag.
Where Can I Buy Perricone MD Products?
Perricone MD products are sold at major department stores, makeup stores, and online retail stores.
How Much are Perricone MD Products?
Some of the costs of the products include;
- Growth Factor Firming and Lifting Serum – $129.00
- Vitamin C Ester Brightening Overnight Treatment – $99.00
- Cold Plasma Neck and Chest Broad Spectrum SPF – $89.00
- Hyaluronic Intensive Moisturizer – $69.00
Check the Official Website to Purchase this Product.
What are Alternatives to Perricone MD Products?
There are many organic cosmeceuticals in the market which serve as good alternatives to this line of products. Amala is one such brand. This organic skincare line is impressively dedicated to its clinical trial compliance. For every product Amala formulates, the company claims to conduct third party clinical trials. Another brand of the same caliber is Pai skincare. This line of products is formulated for those with a range of sensitive skin conditions such as rosacea, eczema, and reactive skin.
Final Word on Perricone
Dr. Perricone’s line of skincare products follows a holistic approach which may give it a superior standing compared to other inorganic beauty products. Perricone MD products such as the Perricone no makeup foundation serum, Perricone eye firming cream, or Perricone no makeup lipstick all have positive reviews. And apart from that, some of these products scooped awards from beauty magazines. For instance, the No Makeup Instant Blur Powder received the 2017 O Magazine award.
On the flip side, there are negative reviews for Perricone MD products. Some consumers have denounced the quality of some products such as the DMAE Firming Pads which they claimed was too dry for their liking. Consumers also pointed out the high price tags of the products under this line.
Moreover, some consumers were concerned about what Perricone products are unsafe. Although some of the products contain ingredients that may irritate (such as acyl-glutathione) some sensitive individuals, these products are relatively safe.
Depending on your unique consumer needs, these products may be effective or ineffective. If you are up to the challenge of observing Dr. Perricone’s clean diet as reinforcement to the working of these products, then you should give it a try. If not, there are other organic products like Clinique, Instantly Ageless, and Image Skin Care with better reviews that may be more pocket friendly.
Alternatives you may explore could be Mario Badescu, Obagi skin care, and Arbonne skincare products. Apart from these, there are many more organic products in the market such as Nu Skin Products, Murad Skin Care, Crepe Erase, Mary Kay and Rodan + Fields Skin Care. To settle for the best, go for those with popular skincare ingredients, many positive reviews, suitable for your skin type, and are easy on your pocket.
Where to Buy Perricone MD?
Check the Official Website to Purchase this Product.