What is IT Cosmetics?
IT Cosmetics is a line of cosmetic products that claim to offer beauty solutions to all skin types. The brand became popular in 2010 after it got featured on QVC. This, in particular, gave the company a chance to showcase one of its key products – ‘IT Cosmetics bye bye under eye concealer’ to the larger audience.
Because of that single IT Cosmetics QVC media coverage, the brand was motivated so much that the management decided to venture deeper into offering special-case beauty solutions. Today, the company sells both makeup and skincare products that supposedly work for the needs of every skin.
Who Owns IT Cosmetics?
This brand came into existence after the former TV anchor, Jamie Kern Lima discovered that she couldn’t find a foundation for her unique needs. She wanted a foundation that would last long and cover her rosacea well, but nothing worked for her, then. Lima decided to come up with her makeup line. About who owns this company, the available information is that IT Cosmetics was sold to beauty giant L’Oreal, a French personal care company somewhere in 2016.
What Ingredients are in IT Cosmetics?
The ingredients found in some of the products in this line include;
- Hydrolyzed Collagen – This is a group of peptides with low molecular weight. It can be obtained by enzymatic action in alkaline or acidic media. According to the Molecules journal, hydrolyzed collagen is important in the food, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical industries.
- Colloidal Oatmeal – This is a natural ingredient used in personal care formulations as it offers relief for skin dryness and itchiness. The Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology claims colloidal oatmeal has low irritant and allergenic potential.
- Avocado – This is a native fruit in Central America whose oil has sparked interest in various fields. According to the Molecules journal, the lipid content of monounsaturated fatty acids is associated with cardiovascular and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Shea Butter – This plant oil is extracted from the kernels of the Sheu tree. The International Journal of Molecular Sciences claims that Shea butter is an important skincare product due to its high fatty acids content.
- Vitamin E – This is an important fat-soluble antioxidant that has been in use for decades. According to the Indian Dermatology Online Journal, vitamin E protects the skin from solar radiation effects by acting as a free-radical scavenger. It also has photo-protective properties.
IT Cosmetics Best Seller Products
IT Cosmetics best-seller products include;
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation Full Coverage – this is arguably the most popular IT Cosmetics BB cream. It is a full coverage moisturizer with SPF 50 and it hydrates and covers facial redness, dark circles, and pores.
- Your Skin But Better IT Cosmetics CC cream – this is a multipurpose wrinkle cream that is an all-in-one foundation, anti-aging serum, and SPF 50 sunscreen.
- Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer – this is claimed to be an exceptional concealer that comes in 48 shades. It is both hydrating and waterproof and wouldn’t crease or crack.
- Bye Bye Redness Correcting Cream – this cream is designed for calming, hydrating, and covering redness of the skin.
- Bye Bye Pores Primer – this is an oil-free primer that helps to create a smooth canvas for easy foundation application. It is meant to neutralize the skin tone.
How to Apply IT Cosmetics CC Cream
Cleanse the skin then apply 1 to 2 pumps of IT Cosmetics CC cream matte using a makeup brush for buffing and blending. Use as IT Cosmetics moisturizer, concealer, anti-aging serum, IT Cosmetics foundation, or sunscreen. To perfect your complexion, apply a smooth layer on your face, neck, and décolleté.
Which IT Cosmetics Foundation Should I Use?
The brand’s website has a foundation finder to help consumers find foundations that work for them. Some of the foundations you can use are;
- Your Skin But Better CC+ Illumination with SPF 50+ – a color correcting cream to camouflage imperfections such as dark spots. It offers a shimmery glow thus best for super dull skin.
- Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream Oil-Free Matte with SPF 40 – this matte works well for all skin types even dry skin. Offers a soft natural matte.
- Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+ – this foundation delivers hydration while hiding skin imperfections. It leaves a natural skin-like finish and works for every skin type.
- Bye Bye Foundation Full Coverage Moisturizer with SPF 50+ – this helps cover and improve the appearance of your skin. Gives the best coverage compared to the others and since it is a moisturizer thus it won’t cake, or crack.
Who Sells IT Cosmetics Products?
You can buy these products from the brand’s website, IT Cosmetics Sephora, IT Cosmetics Ulta, or any department stores near you that stock.
How Much Do IT Cosmetics Products Cost?
IT Cosmetics products are priced at a mid-range level.
- Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50 retails for $39
- No-Tug Waterproof Anti-Aging Gel Eyeliner is $22
- Confidence in a Cream Moisturizer is $48 for a two-ounce jar
- Vitality Lip Flush Stain 4-in-1 Hydrating Lipstick is $20
- Celebration Foundation, a powder, sells for $36
People Also Ask
Q: Will IT Cosmetics Break Me Out?
A: It may cause you to breakout according to some users on Reddit. These users claimed they developed small clogged pores on the cheeks and nose. Some users suggested that the breakouts occurred due to the presence of ingredients such as citrus oils and niacinamide.
Q: Does IT Cosmetics CC Cream Clog Pores?
A: According to the brand, the cc cream is lightweight thus it is less likely to clog pores and cause breakouts.
Q: Does the Products Test on Animals?
A: No, the company claims to be cruelty-free. The company is owned by L’Oréal. The company says it “does not test any of its products or any of its ingredients on animals.”
Q: Does IT Cosmetics CC Cream Oxidize?
A: Yes, this product may oxidize. Users on Reddit claimed the cream always turns orange even in a lighter shade. Some users gave suggestions that using an oil-controlling primer could work to minimize the oxidizing.
Q: Does IT Cosmetics CC Cream Have Flashback?
A: While some users claimed the cc cream had no flashback other users agreed it did. A user also provided that she did not use the cream at night because it made her look grey.
Q: Does It Have Parabens?
A: No, they are paraben-free. The products are also free from talc, sodium lauryl sulfate, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, phthalates, and petrolatum.
Q: What IT Cosmetics are Vegan?
A: They does not have specified vegan options. If this is a great concern you want to check up with the company directly or seek advice from a cosmeceutical specialist.
IT Cosmetics Reviews
The reviews for IT Cosmetics are quite positive. Your skin but better products received lots of love from users. Fans loved its hydrating, all covering, and natural-looking properties while the critiques didn’t appreciate its oily nature. The bye bye foundation cream loved the dewy finish of the cream and they appreciated that the product did not cake. However, most recommended that one should use a primer with this product. Similarly, the bye bye under eye IT Cosmetics concealer earned positive reviews.
What Are Some Alternatives to IT Cosmetics?
IT may not be the right choice for everyone, because they may not react well with your skin and their products are expensive. Perhaps instead of covering up skin conditions with makeup, you’re looking to improve the appearance of your skin – if that’s the case, consider Skinbetter Science, Mary Kay Skin Care, Meaningful Beauty and Advanced Dermatology.
The IT Cosmetics line of products is quite extensive. Apart from the foundations, the brand also sells IT Cosmetics brushes, IT Cosmetics mascara, IT Cosmetics bb cream, IT Cosmetics secret sauce, IT Cosmetics Confidence in an Eye Cream, and IT Cosmetics superhero mascara. All of these products have positive IT Cosmetics reviews which means they do their job. And to think that they are from L’Oreal, these products surely seal the deal.
There are also negative feedbacks for some products like the CC creams. These creams were said to cause breakouts in some individuals. In that case, check with your dermatologist if you have sensitive skin before rushing to purchase them (source).
If you are thinking to get these products, be sure to check out for IT Cosmetics sales that the brand offers from time to time on IT Cosmetics at Sephora. If you are thinking otherwise, then search for other better brands on the market such as Image Skin Care, Clinique, Murad Skin Care, and Obagi.