What is Strivectin?
Strivectin was originally launched as a niche brand that aimed to help reduce stretch marks. However, some women supposedly started experimenting with the then stretch mark cream to cover their facial wrinkles.
Because of this, the brand realized that Strivectin stretch mark cream had other potential applications in offering beauty solutions. The company decided to expand their line to accommodate products such as StriVectin anti-wrinkle and Strivectin neck cream. They even started running ads that suggested Strivectin could be better than Botox.
Today, Strivectin identifies itself as an irresistible anti-aging beauty brand. And prides on having over 55 different products in the different categories including moisturizers, neck care, hand and body care, serums, treatments/masks, skin cleansers, eye, and lip care, and Strivectin with retinol.
Who Makes Strivectin SD?
This beauty brand started in 2002 and it is owned by a company called Strivectin. The company was initially focused on solving stretch marks resulting from weight gain and pregnancy but later navigated into the general skin beauty industry.
Strivectin SD, one of this brand’s products that target wrinkles and stretch marks became a huge hit and after it gained near-instant popularity. Because of this, the brand’s market quickly expanded from being sold at GNC stores to top department shops such a Bloomingdales and beyond.
What Key Ingredients are in Strivectin?
This skin line features different ingredient sets that are original to each particular formula, with the mother ingredient being Strivectin NIA-114. Other key active components include hyaluronic acid, special hydration, selected peptides, and Strivectin retinol. Product-wise:
- Bearberry, Peptides, Blend of Ceramides – together with hyaluronic acid, licorice, and other components are the key components in TL Advanced Neck Cream Plus Tightening. The Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery associates bearberry with tone improving benefits on the skin.
- NIA-114 – is this brand’s patented form of niacin/vitamin B3 and the most prevalent components in this product line. A review article on this vitamin by Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery highlights vitamin B3 may support healthy skin in diverse ways. Furthermore, known as nicotinamide (3-pyridine-carboxamide) is the physiologically active amide of niacin (vitamin B3). Niacin is involved in the synthesis of the enzymes Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP) required for cellular metabolism.
- Hyaluronic Acid, Ginger Extract, and Collagex-CE – are other key ingredients in the product SD Advanced Intensive Concentrate. An article in the Journal Dermato-Endocrinology mentions hyaluronic acid together with improved water retention on the skin, while the collagen in the Collagex-CE compound may improve skin firmness and elasticity.
- Glycolic Acid, Retinol – are the key components in the Strivectin’s STAR Light Retinol Night Oil and Advanced Retinol Night Moisturizer. A study report on retinol’s effect on skin that appears in BioMed Research International associates this component with healthier and younger-looking skin.
What Products does Strivectin Sell?
This brand’s focus is on anti-aging skincare and its products are aimed at supporting a younger-looking body skin, neck, and face. They sell Strivectin eye creams, wrinkle creams, skin cleansers, moisturizers, and masks as well as body and hand maintenance creams and a few popular names include.
- The Wrinkle Record Line Melting Serum – This product is said to target deep and stubborn wrinkles, to help improve the skin’s appearance, and to reduces frown lines.
- Line BlurFector Instant Wrinkle Blurring Primer – This anti-wrinkle primer should be applied before makeup and helps fill up skin folds, as well as keep the skin hydrated.
- Intensive Eye Concentrate for Wrinkles – This intense eye concentrate for wrinkles serum offers an enhanced solution to under-eye dark circles, under eye wrinkles, and puffiness.
- TL Advanced Neck Cream – targets to firm and tighten the skin around the neck as well as reduce the appearance of the horizontal necklines.
Do Strivectin Products Really Work?
The company lists many different products and as is the case with skincare products, the results that one person gets depends on how they respond to the ingredients in a formulation. As in, what works for one person may not work exactly the same for another. Nonetheless, the fact that Strivectin’s TL Advanced Neck Firming Cream has become a go-to for many people, indicates that it might be helpful.
Besides, the brand has managed to win several beauty contest awards from its product line, including the 2018’s Fall Beauty Award. There is also a lot of talk around Strivectin cream for stretch marks among women, which makes this brand worth some attention.
This skincare brand commands a huge following and its products have successfully helped users for over a decade and a half, a claim reflected in most Strivectin reviews. Adding on that, their products have undergone scrutiny from independent researchers.
From the user’s point of experience, however, only half of the users found the Strivectin neck cream reviews helpful. Besides, the most touted Strivectin TL Advanced Neck Cream scored 3.5 from 700 reviews on one major online retail outlet. One outstanding comment on this product read, “I didn’t expect magic from this cream but I surely see some improvement, my sensitive skin seems a bit tighter around the neck.”
How much are StriVectin products?
It is a prestige product and is priced accordingly-
- A jar of NEW TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream PLUS is $95
- A jar of Strivectin Multi-Action R&R Eye Cream is $65 which contains key ingredients Palmitoyl Peptides, Sunflower Seed Oil, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Niacin (NIA-114)
- Line BlurFector Instant Wrinkle Blurring Primer is $39
The products with retinol are some of the priciest–
- The new EW S.T.A.R. Light Retinol Night Oil is $99
- Advanced Retinol Intensive Night Moisturizer is $112
People Also Ask
Q: Who Sells Strivectin Products?
A: The focal place to safely order items from this product line should be on their official website. However, due to demand, there are other online beauty retailers such as Sephora and Ulta who both act as distributors and sellers of Strivectin supplies. StriVectin products can also found at Walmart, Amazon, and the Home Shopping Network
Q: Can Strivectin Get Rid of Scars?
A: According to the producer, Strivectin products are beneficial for general skincare. That is, this product line targets to help diminish burn scars, acne scars, wrinkles, sagging skin, crow’s feet, and under-eye circles. However, using the right product that targets the exact or related problem would be helpful.
Q: Can Strivectin be Used on the Face?
A: Yes, in this case, the right Strivectin face cream would be Strivectin’s Instant Facial Sculpting Cream. The cream supposedly boosts the skin’s natural function. It supports collagen synthesis which over time results in firmer and less wrinkled skin.
Q: Which Strivectin Eye Cream is Best?
A: If your main goal is to treat under-eye skin aging, improve skin sagginess, or improve your appearance around the eyes, the brand recommends their Strivectin Retinol Eye Cream. It features a combination of peptides and other components and aims to specifically to boost collagen, and so may do a lot for you.
Q: Which Product is Best for Wrinkles?
A: Strivectin SD appears to have the most effect on wrinkles. It works by deeply hydrating the skin, and sustains its effect long enough to help the body recover its skin’s elasticity. However, the producer explains that this StriVectin-TL Tightening Body Cream works best on stretch marks and that in 15 days you can expect notable results. “I honestly find this hard to believe; long term the product with retinol would be the best one at wrinkle prevention as I often tell my patients.” ~ Rachel Printy, PA-C
Q: Is Strivectin Cruelty-Free?
A: Yes, this brand is PETA-certified, as an animal-friendly skincare company, and so their products have the cruelty-free stamp. There are also records where the company had to withdraw its products from regions where animal testing was a mandatory requirement to sell.
Q: Is It Safe During Pregnancy?
A: The products that aim to help diminish stretch marks in this line are supposedly safe for use during and after pregnancy. The SD Advanced Intensive Concentrate is for both expecting and recent moms. Nevertheless, the company recommends that you seek your doctor’s opinion before introducing the cream if in these states. We suggest pregnant and breastfeeding moms should avoid any product with retinol in it.
What are alternatives to StriVectin?
StriVectin products are certainly pricy, and may not be for everyone. There are other options to hydrate the skin and tackle fine lines and wrinkles. Consider Advanced Dermatology, Meaningful Beauty, Skinbetter Science, and Jeunesse, whose philosophy is long-term and effective skincare.
The company prides itself on being a leader in skincare solutions and specifically anti-aging products. The brand explains that they got Strivectin NIA-114, their hero ingredients as well as most other ingredients after long and strategized scientific experiments.
With this in mind and the fact that the company has managed to repeatedly keep its customers happy, it’s agreeable that the brand may be worth the attention. Looking at most of the Strivectin before and after images and Strivectin eye cream reviews also indicate the same.
To top things off, customers can benefit more from a program that this product line offers. As in, Strivectin has a reward system where every purchase that an InnerCircle member makes earns them reward points which qualify you for discounts.
With a broad collection of products, there is no doubt that most people find Strivectin for eyes serum, Strivectin tightening face serum, Strivectin tightening neck cream, and the brand in general helpful.
However, the good part of the skincare industry, in general, is that there are many brands to choose from like SIO Beauty, Murad Skin Care, The Ordinary, and Mary Kay Skin Care that may work similarly to Strivectin products or even better.