What is Monat Skin Care?
Monat skincare is the latest addition to the Monat line of products that was launched in 2019. This multi-level marketing brand had started as a hair product company but over time ventured into skincare products.
Monat skincare claims to combine the power of botanicals with technology to create a natural, high quality, and age-defying products. The skincare collection taps into five skin advanced technologies that promise to keep skin looking dewy, youthful, and healthy. This skincare matrix entails; Rejuvenique S, natural fruit acids (AHAs), peptides, plant stem cells, and Kakadu plum.
BEST FOR: All skin types.
USES: Created to optimize texture and elasticity while minimizing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: AHAs, Peptides, Chamomile, Abyssinia Oil, Hyaluronic Acid
PRICE RANGE: $30 to $100+
ABOUT THE BRAND: Monat is a revolutionary hair care line of naturally based products that address the effects of the environment, chemicals, product overuse, and even aging.
Who Owns Monat Global?
Monat Global was launched in 2014 by Venezuelan born Sr. Luis Urdaneta, a first-generation direct sales entrepreneur. The brand is wholly owned by the ALCORA Corporation whose founder is Urdaneta as well. Monat global sells its products through its website and a network of sales consultants who advertise Monat products via social media marketing.
Is Monat Skin Care Any Good?
Since these skincare products are still new in the market, few Monat reviews may not provide a balanced view of the collection. However, it is worth pointing out that Monat skincare products are free from parabens, fragrances, dyes, plastic microbeads, phthalates, and cyclic silicone.
What Ingredients are in Monat Skin Care?
Some of the ingredients that were used to formulate these skincare products include;
- AHAs – alpha-hydroxy acids are a class of chemical compounds used popularly in cosmetics and dermatology. While AHAs occur naturally in botanical substances, they can also be generated synthetically. According to the Journal of the German Society of Dermatology, AHAs improve skin hydration and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Peptides – these are short-chain amino acids. Naturally occurring peptides are known for cell activities such as protein regulation, cell proliferation, and inflammation. According to Cosmetics, peptides carry out physiological processes such as defense, homeostasis, immunity, and growth.
- Chamomile – this is one of the most ancient medicinal herbs. The Molecular Medicine Reports claims that dried chamomile flowers contain abundant terpenoids and flavonoids. These components contribute to medicinal properties such as reducing inflammation and wound healing. Chamomile oil is in cosmetics and aromatherapy.
- Abyssinia Oil – this oil is extracted from the Abyssinian plant which is also known as Crambe or Abyssinian mustard, a plant native to Ethiopia. According to the TRI Princeton journal, this clear oil contains high levels of unsaturated oil which is not only beneficial for hair but also the skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid – this ingredient plays a multifaceted role in the skin. It works to regulate biological processes such as skin repair, wound healing, tissue regeneration, and anti-inflammation. According to the International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, hyaluronic acid’s ability to offer tissue regeneration makes it popular in cosmetics.
How to Use Monat Skin Care Line?
Monat’s rule of thumb in using its skincare line is to cleanse, prepare, target, and replenish. This Monat skincare order of application also guides how customers can shop if they wish to customize their beauty routines.
3 Month Monat Review | Everything You Need To Know
How Much does Monat Skin Care Cost?
All products under this collection have retail prices and VIP prices for those who subscribe for scheduled shipments. The Be Gentle Routine and Be Balanced Routine, for instance, cost $278 retail price or $236 VIP price. Individual products cost;
- C. Radiance Illuminating Serum (Monat vitamin c serum) – $95.00
- Monat rejuvenique oil – $59.85
- Monat eye wonder (lash and brow) – $79.00
- Night haven – $80.00
- The revitalizing essence – $45.00
|Ole Henriksen||$65.00||AHAs, Vitamin C, Olive Seed Oil, Blackcurrant, Bakuchiol|
|Instantly Ageless||$69.95||Aloe, Lavender, White Camphor, Mango Fruit Extract, Spearmint, Rosemary Oil, Pine Needle, Grapefruit Extract|
|Robin McGraw Revelation||$40 to $120||Squalene, Jojoba Esters, Caprylic Triglycerides, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Peptide Complex|
|Beverly Hills MD Dermal Repair Complex||$39.95||Hyaluronic Acid, Saw Palmetto, Hydrolyzed Collagen, MSM, Vitamins|
|Plexaderm||$59.95||Sodium Silicate, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin|
Is Monat Skin Care Safe?
The brand claims that its products are safe as they are free from allergens. The ingredients present in the products are also considered safe and effective in scientific journals. And since the ingredients are majorly botanicals, the brand promises that clients can safely use Monat products.
But is Monat skincare oil-free? No, Monat products contain essential oils that have also been extracted from botanicals.
People Also Ask
Q: Does Monat Skin Care Work for Acne?
A: Monat skincare is broadly categorized under the Be Gentle and Be Balanced routines. The Be Gentle products cater to dry and sensitive skin which may be safe for acne as well. Be Balanced products on the other hand they have been designed as a normal skin product and a Monat skincare for combination skin.
Q: What Makes Monat Skin Care Different?
A: Monat skincare has made it easy for clients to follow an easy daily skincare routine based on an individual’s skin type. Customers can also customize their routine by shopping for products like the Monat face wash, Monat skincare for wrinkles, Monat skin care for dark spots, and Monat skin care for rosacea.
Q: Is Monat Skin Care Safe During Pregnancy?
A: While the skincare collection aligns its products with skin types, there are no restrictions given specifically for pregnant women. However, if you are experiencing any breakouts due to pregnancy, visit a doctor before investing in these products. Again, there are few Monat skincare reviews to assess whether pregnant customers were affected in any way.
As far as pregnancy is concerned, the Monat hair care line is the one responsible for stirring up controversies. Some reviewers claimed the Monat shampoo affected their menstrual cycles while some claimed the shampoo almost caused them to miscarry.
Q: Does Monat Skin Care Have Retinol?
A: There are a dozen Monat skincare products on the company’s website. For most of the ingredients that we inspected, we couldn’t spot retinol. Products like Rewind Age Control Nectar recommend users not to use it alongside retinol products.
So, why Monat skincare? For starters, this line of products claims to be clinically tested and dermatologist approved. Monat skincare also customizes its products according to skin types meaning, there is a product for everyone. Whether it is Monat for men or Monat oily skin products or the Monat intense repair treatment, the brand has them all. And while there are few reviews for the collection, the ingredients in the products are quite promising.
On the flip side, the Monat hair collection has received lots of negative reviews. Customers claimed that the Monat for hair loss products did not stop hair loss and instead caused their hair to fall off. Another area the negative reviewers highlighted was the company’s refund policy which was claimed to be very frustrating. For instance, a customer pointed out that she was expected to pay $25 to cancel her auto subscription which is quite ridiculous. Moreover, the Monat customer service was also called out for its complacency.
With the many critiques from the hair care products, you might wonder whether to try out these products or not. Luckily, there are many Monat before and after reviews online that could guide you. Check them out and decide.